All About Android 23
Guest: Nicole Lee
Topic: Tons of Samsung news, the Amazon tablet forecast, Droid Prime, a new location based app called Life is Crime, Lock Screen replacements apps and more!
Recorded: August 29, 2011
Published: August 29, 2011
All About Android 23: Lock and Load
- CM7 makes its way to the Touchpad (that didn't take long!)
- Related: Samsung reportedly recruits ex-HP VP for PC business; considers buying webOS
- Samsung vs. Apple
- Today: Samsung has now decided to delay the launch of its Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia, amid its heightening patent infringement battle with Apple. In a hearing today, the Korean manufacturer announced that it would refrain from selling or marketing its new tablet within Australia, before September 30th.
- Last week: Dutch court grants Apple preliminary injunction against sales of Samsung Galaxy smartphones; the Dutch court actually granted a ruling on the merits and found just a single infringed patent in Android 2.3, which covers the behavior of Apple’s iOS photos app. Android 3.0 devices like the Galaxy Tab 10.1 are unaffected.
- Apple Scores Meaningless Dutch Court Victory Against Samsung
- Amazon Could Sell Five Million Tablets in Three Months
- Upcoming Amazon tablet to undercut Apple’s iPad
Could someone with a bit of influence such as you guys please start a campaign to give the android tabs a generic name. Something like “g-tab”.
What would be wrong with a “Toshiba g-tab” or a “Samsung g-tab”, after all the “Apple iPad “ seems to work. As a fan boy it would be great if I could just say “this is my ‘g-tab’“. As a matter of fact I will do that from now on. Am I the only user who thinks this way? ...thanks for the great show...
Enjoy your show. I am trying to listen to you using doubleTwist on my computer but aaa does not show up in the Podcast Search - why?? Other twit stuff shows up but not your show. Please help. Thanks,
- Samsung reveals Galaxy S LTE and Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE prior to IFA
- No Samsung Galaxy S II on Verizon, confirmed
- Launch delayed due to hurricane Irene
- Samsung Droid Prime rumored to be first with Ice Cream Sandwich, coming to Verizon exclusively
- Droid Bionic pops up on Motorola site, looks set for September 8 release
You are my favorite TWIT show.
I like to watch video podcasts while I'm on my indoor bike. When watching a Netflix movie, I noticed that if I tapped the screen, I could see the notification area. This is great because then I can see the icon for the timer for my workout.
I use DoggCatches for my podcast client but it doesn't support this feature yet. However, it can use an external program to play the videos. Do you know of a program that does this?
- Bird Bar might do the trick (from Lifehacker)
- Samsung's ChatOn Messenger Guns for BlackBerry, Apple
- Google Deadpools All Slide Products Except One
- RELATED: Pool Party (finally and posthumuosly!)
- App tip: Life is Crime - Android first, location based game - pretty cool!!! Released at PAX this past weekend
I don't use an unlock password for my Nexus S. Is there a way to disable the lock screen and have it go straight to the currently running app when resuming? Thanks for making such a good show, you are all great!
- Last Week's Poll
- This week's face-off: Lock Screen Replacements
- Jason - Lockmenu
- Eileen - GOTO Lockscreen
- Ron - Widgetlocker
- This Week's Poll
- Ad Times: 29:29
- Edited by: Chad
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|