All About Android 30
Topic: Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus unveiled, Motorola Droid Razr, voice action apps, and more!
Recorded: October 17, 2011
Published: October 18, 2011
All About Android 30: FAIL Happens
Ice Cream Sandwich
- Redesigned user interface, bolstered multitasking / notifications, full-on NFC support and a new People app, which enables users to browse friends, family and coworkers' photos whilst peeking their status updates from Google+.
- Face Unlock
- Android Beam
- 1.2 GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4460 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD 720p display.
- 5-megapixel camera (1080p HD video) with LED flash
- 16 or 32GB of internal storage
- 1,750 mAh battery
- 11.5mm at thickest part
- HSPA+ /LTE version will "be available depending on region."
- Bluetooth 3.0
- NFC module, accelerometer, compass, gyro, proximity sensor and even a barometer
- Motorola Droid Razr FEATURES
- Gorilla Glass 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display -- a first for any mobile handset
- Dual-core 1.2GHz TI OMAP4430 processor.
- 7.1mm thick
- 8 megapixel rear camera capable of 1080p HD video,
- 1GB RAM,
- 16GB internal storage
- 16GB microSD card
- 1,800mAh battery (12.5hrs talk time)
- HDMI port
- Lapdock 100 and 500 Pro compatible
- Kevlar fiber backing
- SmartActions battery management (like Tasker)
- MotoCast cloud feature allowing video/pics/docs/music streamed from laptop to handheld.
- Pre-orders Oct 27th
- Release "sometime in November"
- Non-removable battery
- Locked bootloader, Moto blames Verizon. Euro version might be unlocked.
- 600MHz processor running Android
- 35 grams
- Track heart rate, log running, walking and cycling stats
- GPS to track your exercise routes.
- Up to 4,000 songs
- FM radio
- Audio "coaching," which updates on pace and distance
- Bluetooth headsets: SF700 ($149) and SF500 ($99) sold separately
- 8GB $249/16GB $299
- Motorola Lapdock 500 Pro and Lapdock 100 hands-on
- Google+ thread about MotoActv
- Dates announced for Google I/O: April 24th and 25th, 2012
How can I transfer my purchase history from my old Gmail account to my new account so I can associate the new account with my android? I have had my original Gmail account forever basically and would like to change it for one that has a more meaningful name instead of one that I thought was "cool" before. ha Don't want to lose my purchased Apps tho. Any help?
I am running a rooted Verizon Thunderbolt.
Thanks, keep up the great work!
- No real solution (yet)... Best thing to do is contact the devs directly and explain the situation. Many will hook you up.
With the whole Siri thing with the iPhone 4S, I am curious about Voice Actions by Pannous, and how it compares to Vlingo and Google Voice Search.
Sam from Canada
- Kickstarter for speaktoit
- Ron - Voice Search
- Honorable mention: Early beta of "Iris" (get it? Siri backwards?)
- Coming from Sprint customers only for now. The multimedia attachments will display on their mobile forwarding phone and in their email inbox when they enable text to email forwarding in their Google Voice settings. We are also planning on making them display in the Google Voice inbox.
- This week's face-off: VOICE ACTIONS
- Last Week's Poll
- Jason - Vlingo - FREE
- Vlingo enjoys a Siri boost: voice actions up 50 percent
- Eileen - Speaktoit [BETA] - FREE
- This Week's Poll
- Ad Time: 43:45
- Edited by: Jason
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|