All About Android 33
Guest: Joanna Stern
Topic: Nook announcement, Google TV 2.0 review, HTC Rezound unveiled, a whole lot of hunger, and more!
Recorded: November 7, 2011
Published: November 7, 2011
All About Android 33: Hunger Pangs
- Joanna Stern
- HTC announces specifics on Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades, includes Rezound
- Which devices will get Ice Cream Sandwich?
- New Android brand page on Google+
- All About Android Google+
I have a question that I hope you can answer if not please do a crowdsource or hit me a reply cause I got to know - why do you guys hate on honeycomb so much? This stems from last Thursday's TNT show where the guest started hating on honeycomb and the resident Android expert Jason joined in. I have used honeycomb 3.2 for the past month and I have no problem with it but every where I turn I read some "expert" saying its just horrible and ios is sooo much better. What exactly makes it so horrible? Don't you have to get accustomed to all operating systems? Just curious please let me know.
Love the show, hate the hate.
- Just reviewed the video +Jason Howell and you are correct, its just that a lot of tech journalist wants android tablets to be different to the ipad yet complain when it is and say "its not like the ipad". For me Honeycomb works and I guess thats what's important. Granted when I bought my Iconia tab A500 a month ago I was updated to 3.1 then 3.2 in the same day, so I haven't experienced all the problems that many people did.
- Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet: pictures, video, and hands-on impressions
- Comparison of tablets
- HTC Rezound Official Specs
- 1.5 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm MSM8660
- 4.3″ super LCD WVGA 1280×720
- Sense 3.5
- 8.0MP w/ auto focus, f/2.2, 28mm wide angled lens
- 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 16GB Internal storage
- 16GB microSD
- HDMI out
- No NFC
- Motorola Xoom 2: Second time's the charm?
- Exclusive: Motorola Corvair Android-based TV controller leaks out
- Reader: ICS visual updates mostly
- Google Docs: ICS visual update, optimizations for honeycomb tablets, improved video playback, portrait and landscape modes.
- Last Week's Poll
- This week's face-off: Grab Bag!
- Jason - Ultimate Guitar Tabs ($2.99 + in-app purchases) - ($7.99 on Amazon)
- Eileen - Atari Greatest Hits (Free); only get Missle Command for free; individual games are 99 cents; the entire catalog of 99 games is $9.99
- Ron - SuperBox Pro - ($3.99) - suite of tools to help manage apps
- Joanna - Seamless Web (FREE)
- This Week's Poll
- Ad Time: 22:43
- Ad Time: 49:22
- Edited by: Jason
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|