All About Android 38
Topic: Stuff Schmidt said at LeWeb'11, the Logitech Revue update, tons of very cool app updates and another grab bag of apps!
Recorded: December 12, 2011
Published: December 12, 2011
All About Android 38: The "Finally" Show
- Mauricio Balvanera
- ( )
- Google's Schmidt: Android leads the iPhone
- Schmidt Reckons Most TVs Will Have Google TV By Mid-2012
- Video of Schmidt at Le Web - demo by Hugo Barra of ICS, much better this time around
- 2:14- 2:54 Talking about ICS, Honeycomb and what will J be?
- 37:01 - 38:05 - Android is ahead of iPhone
- 38:57-40:41 - Schmidt on Google TV
- Galaxy Nexus - release on the 15th in the US?
- Lucky shoppers pick up Verizon Galaxy Nexus early at Best Buy
- Samsung to Apple: Victory Is Mine
- Related: Logitech Revue finally gets Google TV Honeycomb update
- Kindle Fire gets unofficial Ice Cream Sandwich port, mixes temperature metaphors
- Kindle Fire to get over-the-air update for performance issues
- Nook Color 1.4.1 update adds Netflix, comics, landscape reading, and more
- Toshiba launches a 7-inch Android Thrive tablet
I just wanted to share with you something that made me smile: I am a highschool student and part of the local Key Club at my highschool. Last week, doctors discovered a tumor on the brain stem of my club's president. He went through surgery to remove the tumor and it was mostly successful. However, he will still be in the hospital for a while so my club decided that we wanted to get him something to make his time in the hospital more bearable. We unanimously decided to get him a tablet, but we didn't have a lot of money to throw around. I brought up the Kindle Fire and at first it wasn't a warmly taken idea, because of the conception of it being an e-reader plus and not a "tablet." But after explanation (and the low price definitely helped) we chose to get him one. We bought it and gave it to him that day in the hospital and he loved it. Now his time in the hospital is that much more bearable. I just wanted to say thank you Amazon for creating such a low-cost yet high quality option, and thank you, aaa, for being my weekly informer about this kind of stuff. I wouldn't have been able to suggest it had i not learned about it through your podcast.
- Breaking Down the Most Used Android Apps by Age Demographic
- New Twitter for Android! Update
- Facebook update for Android
- 10 billion downloads, 10 cent apps!
- What did you download?
- Google Currents
Your show continues to deliver good stuff week and week.
I just wanted to pass along an app. that I recently found. For a long time I've wanted to take screen shots from my phone but I didn't want to root it.
And now . . . "No Root Screen Shot It"
Worth checking out.
- Last Week's Poll
- This week's face-off: Grab Bag
- Mauricio - Smartr
- Eileen - World of Goo (4.99); Free demo download too
- Ron - SoundTracking
- This Week's Poll
- Ad Time: 20:27
- Ad Time: 45:02
- Edited by: Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|