All About Android 52
Guest: Phil Nickinson
Topic: Touchwiz Ice Cream Sandwich disappointment, what really matters in a Google tablet, pimps prefer pattern unlock, and more.
Recorded: March 19, 2012
Published: March 19, 2012
All About Android 52: Does Nexus On A Tablet Matter?
- Phil Nickinson
- FBI, stumped by pimp's Android pattern lock, serves warrant on Google
- Samsung, LG and Pantech, among others, fined $40 million in Korean price fixing scam
- Samsung, LG and Pantech among other mobile operators in Korea have been fined a total of 45.3 billion won ($40.1 million) in Korean court. The FTC says the companies colluded to inflate cell phone prices and then advertised significant incentives signaling to consumers that they were getting a bargain for new phones.
- Report: Google Nexus Tablet “a done deal"
- From the Editor's Desk: We don't need Just Another Android Tablet™
- Linux kernel 3.3 released with merged Android code and more
- Linux kernal 3.3 is available and it's packing the long awaited merged code from Android. Linux users can soon expect to be able to boot into Android and run apps on the stock Linux kernal. That should appear in version 3.4.
I got a question for ya'. In your opinion, what are the best non cloud based music players?
My main player no longer functions (it kills the Bluetooth connection) and Google music acts crazy around wifi hot spots a haven't set up yet. I use my phone 80% of the times listening to music so this is a big issue for me.
As always love the show!!!
TechAce01 in the chat room.
- Samsung Galaxy S II with Android 4.0 hands-on video
- Eileen roots her SGS II
- International Galaxy S II ICS source code now available
- Sony’s Xperia Sola lets you navigate without touching the screen
- Word on the Street:
- Confirmed: ICS coming to the Nexus S in the next few weeks
- Samsung Galaxy S III' pictured, May 22 London unveiling rumored
- Samsung exec says Quad-core Exynos with on-board LTE for Galaxy S III
- Samsung Galaxy S III to be unveiled May 22nd at Samsung Unpacked event in London
- Motorola Droid Fighter first photo leaked, to hit the market on April 12 with a 4.6-inch HD screen
- HTC Rumored to buy MOG
I just installed the newest Humble Bundle pack for Android and I highly recommend it as they are all optimised for Tablets and are absolutely Fantastic. check it out at http://www.humblebundle.com/ plus you also get the soundtracks, hurry only 14 days left.
love the show.
- International Google TV apps show up in preparation of global expansion?
- Amazon’s Appstore For Android Turns One: 31K Apps, Millions Sold
- Lots of sales this week!
I watch you every week and as a result of your suggestions, I've upgraded from my original Droid to the Galaxy Nexus and have purchased the Transformer Prime.
So this is a two part question:
1. Is there an app that plays .mov or mp4 files?
2. Is there a way to view the brick wall, or did my donation go in vain?
Thanks -- love you guys,
- 1. MoboPlayer
- Last Week's Poll
- This week's face-off: grab bag
- Ron - The CW (FREE)
- Eileen - Draw Something (FREE)
- Phil - Slice (FREE)
- Jason - Smart Tools ($2.50)
- This Week's Poll
- Ad Time: 20:58
- Ad Time: 53:26
- Edited by: Jason
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|