All About Android 66
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guest: Jason AppleBaum
Topic: We'll be discussing the googley-goodness of I/O: Jelly Bean, Nexus 7, Nexus Q, and what thought of the keynotes. Some important patent news is on tap, plus we have our reliable android arena for your entertainment.
Recorded: July 3rd 2012
All About Android (66): (Jumping Jelly Beans)
- Jason AppleBaum
- Jelly Bean
- Google's latest Android distribution report is in: GB %64, Froyo %17.3, Ice Cream Sandwich 11%, Jelly Bean right around the corner*Google's Jelly Bean statue overheats and melts
- Android 4.1 - Jelly Bean
- Some of the best new features of Jelly Bean
- New Google Voice Search Google Now
- How to impress your friends: 40+ voice searches on Jelly Bean
- Related: Install Google Now on AOSP-Based ICS ROMs!
- Adobe will not support Flash for Jelly Bean Devices, ends Flash for Android completely on August 15
- Jelly Bean Bumps Contact Photos To Hi-Res 720x720 But Google Sync Continues To Clobber It With Low-Res Mush
- Jelly Bean brings a new permission along - 'read external storage'
- One Of Jelly Bean's Best Features - Say Goodbye To Notification Spam By Selectively Disabling Notifications For Individual Apps
- Want Jelly Bean NOW? Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) ROMs Released For GSM And Verizon Galaxy Nexuses
- When am I getting Jelly Bean?
- Nexus 7
- Nexus 7 review: the best $200 tablet you can buy
- Nexus 7 8GB coming to UK mid-July for £159, 16GB version arriving at retailers July 27th for £199
- Nexus 7 designed and manufactured in four months, sold at cost
- Nokia warns Google, ASUS that the Nexus 7 tablet infringes on wireless patents
- Nexus Q
- Google Nexus Q - Social streaming player
- It’s a Sphere! The Inside Story of Nexus Q, Google’s Music Hardware Gamble
- Nexus Q hacked to run Android games in under 24 hours
- Playing Games on the Nexus Q
- Google TV
- New Google Play Store for Google TV coming later this year
- Google TV will get subscription billing, support for movie and TV purchases in Google Play
- Project Glass
- Also at Google I/O, Google handed out unlocked Galaxy Nexus' to all attendees with their shwag. And THEN, we heard news of Apple begin granted a preliminary injunction that could ban the sale of that same phone in the US! This follows Judge Koh's similar judgement two days earlier banning sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1. The patent in question covers "core voice and search functionality." This injunction becomes effective once Apple ponies up a $95.6 million bond. Samsung appealed, and Reuters is reporting as of a few minutes ago that Judge Koh has denied that request.
- This is a pretty big deal. Galaxy Nexus is a flagship phone. It's now one of only two official devices running the latest version of Android. And it's going to be illegal to sell it in the US.
- Apple wasn't so lucky in calling for an import ban against HTC devices that they claim continue to infringe on their "data tapping" patent. This after the One X and EVO 4G LTE were held up in customs last May and then allowed to enter the US. Keep in mind that HTC said back in April that it would remove this infringing feature from all of their phones. We have yet to hear if or when that will actually happen.
- Interview with Jason AppleBaum
- Gear4 speaker dock supports USB audio for Jelly Bean at Google I/O 2012 (hands-on video)
- Vizio officially announces $99 Google TV “Co-Star” for July
- Last Week's Poll
- Jason H Tapestry (FREE)
- Ron - PicFrame ($.99)
- Jason A - LogMeIn Ignition ($29.99)
- Eileen - Wargames (FREE)
- This Week's Poll
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|