All About Android 79
Recorded: October 2 2012
Published: October 2 2012
All About Android (79): (Nobody Joy Rides)
HTC One X+, Samsung Note 2, Rayman, Horn, Field Trip, and much more.
- Apple v. Samsung judge ends Galaxy Tab ban, Apple may have to pay $2.6M
- Samsung can sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 again, too bad nobody wants one
A three month sales ban of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was officially lifted as of last night. Sales of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 were banned leading up to last month's epic patent battle with Apple, and when the ruling came down, the tablet was not found to infringe on the patent charge that banned it in the first place… Because Samsung had elevated the issue to the higher court, Judge Lucy Koh could do nothing as it was out of her jurisdiction. The higher court sent it back her way last Friday giving her the final call and thus, the ban is lifted.
But does any of this *really* matter? To the marketplace OR to Samsung? Other than being a small victory in a case that epically ruled against Samsung's favor, the Tab 10.1 isn't even a powerful player in the market anymore as its been followed up by a small list of newer tablets.
- Samsung makes good on threat of patent suit against iPhone 5 - Samsung's latest lawsuit did not address the LTE patents
- Samsung adds iPhone 5 to latest patent infringement claims against Apple
- Lawsuit, iPhone 5 Spur Samsung Galaxy Sales
- Over 25 percent of Android devices now running 4.0 and above
- Pew: Android soars to 48 percent of US adult tablet ownership in 2012, pushes Apple down to 52 percent
I have a question. Verizon is SOMEDAY going to push out an ics update for my Motorola Droid Bionic. I have not been able to find out if that will wipe my apps and or data when I update. Verizon rep was much help either. I am fairly new to Android but a long time advanced Windows user. If you have the answer please advise.
Thanks in advance. I love this and a bunch of the other twit shows.
Bruce near Pittsburgh PA
- HTC's new One X+ boasts quad-core chip, Jelly Bean
- HTC One X+, One VX Coming to America Via AT&T
- Samsung teases Galaxy Note 2 launch party on Oct. 24
- Demo video for Galaxy Note 2
- Video review of the Note 2
- Galaxy Note 2's Smart Rotation solves the ultimate first-world problem
- Entertainment Weekly Publishing Magazine With Fully Functional Android Phone Inside
- Jason's review of the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
- Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G discounted at Best Buy, now goes for $99.99
Hey AAA Crew, I’ve been loving the 25 cent sale and downloaded “Rayman Jungle Run” which I wouldn’t have purchased otherwise. I’m sure you’ve already heard about it, but if not, it is crazy addicting. Take a look. Love the show.
Your show is the one podcast I make sure I listen to every week.
Thanks, Tom Wiswell Hastings, MI
Hey crew, Marlon "theGuyFromTrinidad", with a topic I really wish you would discuss tonight, its about the one star review.
As you know the 25 cent sale just finished and on the last day they offered the fantastic game "Horn" (get it, trust me it is awesome) which was shown at Google I/O and usually retails for about $7. However while sales spiked, Horn so did the complaints as the game is optimized for Tegra 2 (like my OG Acer Iconia A500, yeah Ron and Eileen I am rocking the original Iconia Tab) and Tegra 3 devices,and its not playing nice with others. Some of these I believe are persons running roms or bugs that will get fixed. To be fair the game had about a 3.7 review because of some of these bugs and the (in my mind) unobtrusive in app purchases (which you don't need to do).
So my question: is the 1 star review fair to developers who have a great game but are trying to support as many devices as possible or is it okay to voice your opinion with this tactic. I would love to hear your view and I would advise you to pick up the game (along with Rayman Jungle Run and Subway Surfers).
Thanks Love the show
- Last Week's Poll
- Ron - Gojee (FREE
- Eileen - Open Garden (FREE)
- Jason - BetterThanExpected Wallpapers (FREE)
- This Week's Poll
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|