Hosts: Randal Schwartz
Topic: Free Libre Open Source Software
Debut: April 7th, 2006
Recorded: Wed 8:30am Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~60 minutes
Set: The Round Table
FLOSS Weekly is a weekly show hosted by Randal Schwartz and his rotating panel containing interviews with prominent evangelists and developers in the Free, Libre, and Open Source Software movement. FLOSS Weekly premiered on April 7th, 2006. The show currently airs live on Wednesday at 8:30am PT/11:30am ET with the on demand download available within 24hrs.
- Randal Schwartz
- Aaron Newcomb
- Dan Lynch
- Gareth Greenaway
- Guillermo Amaral
- Joe Bronkmeier
- Randi Harper
- Simon Phipps
Most episodes feature the primary developer or developers of a particular open source software or hardware project. The show is an open discussion, with Schwartz and co-host asking questions about the nature of the project. Typically, the interviewers will ask the guests about the history of the project, and its development model (such as which language it is written in, which version control system is used, and what development environment the author uses). Some shows, such as the interviews with Jon "Maddog" Hall and Simon Phipps, are not specific to an open source project, and feature more general topics, such as the philosophy of free and open source software.
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- FLOSS Weekly 281 – Omega – Omega is a universe simulator which serves requests remotely over JSON-RPC.
- FLOSS Weekly 277 – Magnolia CMS and Blossom – Magnolia is an open Java CMS that delivers smartphone simplicity on an enterprise-scale.
- FLOSS Weekly 276 – FreePBX – FreePBX is a free open source web-based PBX solution.
- FLOSS Weekly 275 – Amahi redo – Amahi is open source software that runs on a dedicated PC as a central computer for your home.
- FLOSS Weekly 274 – ownCloud – ownCloud provides universal access to your files via the web, your computer or your mobile devices.
- FLOSS Weekly 273 – RDO – RDO is a community of people using and deploying OpenStack on Red Hat and Red Hat-based platforms.
- FLOSS Weekly 272 – gPodder – gpodder.net is a libre web service that allows you to manage your podcast subscriptions and discover new content.
More episodes can be viewed and downloaded here
Below are detailed show notes for released episodes. These are updated as soon as possible as time allows and/or as much community effort is put into them.
- FLOSS Weekly 281 – Omegaverse
- FLOSS Weekly 277 – Magnolia CMS and Blossom
- FLOSS Weekly 276 – FreePBX
- FLOSS Weekly 275 – Amahi redo
- FLOSS Weekly 274 – ownCloud
- FLOSS Weekly 273 – RDO
- FLOSS Weekly 272 – gPodder
Additional show notes for FLOSS Weekly can be found here.
The theme for FLOSS Weekly can be downloaded here.