Hosts: Randal Schwartz
Topic: Free Libre Open Source Software
Debut: April 7th, 2006
Recorded: Wed 8:30am Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~60 minutes
Set: The Round Table
FLOSS Weekly is a weekly show hosted by Randal Schwartz and his rotating panel containing interviews with prominent evangelists and developers in the Free, Libre, and Open Source Software movement. FLOSS Weekly premiered on April 7th, 2006. The show currently airs live on Wednesday at 8:30am PT/11:30pm ET with the on demand download available within 24hrs.
Most episodes feature the primary developer or developers of a particular open source software or hardware project. The show is an open discussion, with Laporte and Schwartz asking questions about the nature of the project. Typically, the interviewers will ask the guests about the history of the project, and its development model (such as which language it is written in, which version control system is used, and what development environment the author uses). Some shows, such as the interviews with Jon "Maddog" Hall and Simon Phipps, are not specific to an open source project, and feature more general topics, such as the philosophy of free and open source software.
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- FLOSS Weekly 222 – SugarCRM – Sugar is an affordable and easy to use customer relationship management (CRM) platform, designed to help your business communicate with prospects, share sales information, close deals and keep customers happy.
- FLOSS Weekly 221 – The Falcon Programming Language – The Falcon Programming Language: An Open Source, simple, fast and powerful programming language, easy to learn and to feel comfortable with.
- FLOSS Weekly 220 – Kazoo – We talk about the 2600hz project and something new they have called "Kazoo", a free business cloud telephone system with developer APIs.
- FLOSS Weekly 219 – Chef – Learn about Chef an open-source system integration framework built specifically for automating the cloud.
- FLOSS Weekly 218 – Live at OSCON – Live at OSCON 2012 with two special announcements!
- FLOSS Weekly 217 – Scalr – We'll be talking about Scalr, the software that manages your application in the cloud so you don't have to.
More episodes can be viewed and downloaded here
Below are detailed show notes for released episodes. These are updated as soon as possible as time allows and/or as much community effort is put into them.
- FLOSS Weekly 222 – SugarCRM
- FLOSS Weekly 221 – The Falcon Programming Language
- FLOSS Weekly 220 – Kazoo
- FLOSS Weekly 219 – Chef
- FLOSS Weekly 218 – Live at OSCON
- FLOSS Weekly 217 – Scalr
Additional show notes for FLOSS Weekly can be found here.
The theme for FLOSS Weekly can be downloaded here.