FLOSS Weekly 65
Guest: Jono Bacon
Recorded: April 8
Published: April 18
FLOSS Weekly 65: Jono Bacon
Jono Bacon, community manager for the Ubuntu Linux distribution, and rock star.
Jono Bacon, Ubuntu community manager.
"The biggest risk in my mind, something I have talked about in the book, is: The enemy to community is when people feel a sense of entitlement. When people start thinking, "You know what? I should be treated this way because of who I am and because I have done this." That is the enemy. People should rightly feel a sense of respect for their contributions, but it doesn't necessarily mean they should feel a sense of entitlement." -Jono Bacon
- http://www.jonobacon.org/ - my homepage
- http://www.artofcommunityonline.org - my book's website
- http://www.severedfifth.com/ - my Creative Commons music project and album
- http://www.lugradio.org/ - radio show I co-founded and used to do.
Questions from the audience
Google Summer Of Code
Google Summer of Code adtime: 0:40-0:59 and 06:09-08:18
- Recorded Date: April 08, 2009
- Release Date: April 18, 2009
- Duration: 1:10:11
- Log line:
- Edited by: Tony