FLOSS Weekly 72
Guest: Justin Clark-Casey
Recorded: June 03, 2009
Published: June 06, 2009
FLOSS Weekly 72: OpenSim
OpenSimulator, the free and open source 3D application server program used to create virtual environments
Justin Clark-Casey, a self-decribed FLOSS developer newbie, is a core developer on OpenSimulator.org. Although he's used open source for a long time (since installing a copy of Red Hat 5.2 just over 7 years ago), OpenSimulator is the first FLOSS project of any size to which he has contributed. He has been a core developer on OpenSimulator for about a year and a half now.
In his day job Justin is the lead developer for Black Dress Technology. This is a startup that uses OpenSimulator as part of a solution for product and fashion design. Justin has hobby programmed since his early teens, he got a degree in Economics and Econometrics before realizing that he actually wanted to be a programmer.
- The OpenSimulator site
- List of grids using OpenSimulator
- more information on the 'Hypergrid'
- background information on the 'Hypergrid'
- blog aggregation of OpenSim related posts.
- My blog which concentrates on OpenSimulator topics
- Adam Frisby's blog. Adam is another core OpenSimulator developer
- More articles on 3D virtual environments, concentrating on business.
- Articles on open source 3D virtual environments, including OpenSimulator.
Questions from the audience
- Recorded Date: June 3, 2009
- Release Date: June 6, 2009
- Duration: 1:04:34
- Log line:
- Edited by: Tony