Frame Rate 125
Guest: Shannon Morse
Topic: Who will buy Hulu, Apple TV adds more content, Star Wars Rebels TV series, and more.
Recorded: May 20 2013
Frame Rate 125:
The Big Story
Another Big Story
Yet Another Big Story
- Apple TV to add more prime-time shows with CW Network app
- Time Warner to begin live-streaming TNT and TBS channels starting this summer
- YouTube live-streaming now available to channels with over 1,000 subscribers
- Netflix removes streaming expiration dates from API after 'Streampocalypse' hysteria
- Aereo Is Coming To Atlanta: June 17 For Pre-Registered Users, June 24 For Everyone Else
- DirecTV Looks to Test Off-Air Antenna in Set-Top
- Dell's Project Ophelia will turn any HDTV into an Android computer this May
- New "Star Wars Rebels" series coming to TV
- Your first new rumored Star Wars: Episode VII cast member is...
- Showing Hollywood the way: how 'Upstream Color' hit iTunes without leaving theaters
- YouTube's Comedy Week shows how much comedy has changed
- Amazon kills 'Zombieland' series, picks 'Betas' and 'Alpha House' for original programming
- First trailer for Europa Report
Summer Movie Draft
- 1 Brian Brushwood: $422,573,000
- 2 Scott Johnson: $130,665,000
- 3 Sarah Lane: $90,159,000
- 4 Robert C. Cargill: $0
- 4 Justin Robert Young: $0
- 4 Tom Merritt: $0
What We're Watching
- Brian Brushwood: Game of Thrones, Star Trek Into Darkness, Read letter Media reviews of Avatar, Titanic, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
- Tom Merritt: Defiance, Arrow, Warehouse 13, Doctor Who (twice!), Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Star Trek Into Darkness
- Shannon Morse: Star Trek Into Darkness, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, Castle, Bones, Vampire Diaries
Listening to 124. I have to agree with Tom on the ” Ender’s Game” film. Spoiling the surprise from the very beginning (of the trailer, at least) alters the whole movie.
I wonder if it is going to be like Will Smith’s “I Robot.” To me at least, it would have been a more enjoyable film if it had a different title. With a different title, the reference to the book would have given the film an added dimension. With the title, I just kept being annoyed. Clearly the writers seem to have skimmed the Cliff Notes for Asimov’s “I Robot,” but they missed the important points.
On the other hand, could we be victim of the company making the trailer spoiling the film? “The Sixth Sense” was kind of spoiled for me when the person at the video store told me there was a twist. I kept looking for where a twist might come.
Yeah, yeah, the only way to know for sure is to see the film. I do wish they had called it something else though.
“Blade Runner” wasn't “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” (and was much more upbeat) not to mention “Total Recall” wasn't ” We Can Remember It for You Wholesale.”"
Hey guys, love the show and have picked up some great tips for what to watch. I can't believe however, that you haven't mentioned Rectify on the Sundance Channel. Anybody seen it? It is awesome!
I'm curious if there has been any discussion about video quality on YouTube especially on these new pay channels. I'm on Verizon FIOS and have plenty of bandwidth yet watching anything on YouTube is hit or miss. Sometimes videos lag or won't load at certain resolutions, the buffing software is terrible, and maybe 25% of the time everything plays smoothly. I'm not paying a monthly sub for that kind of service. Also, YouTube TV apps perform even worse, and that's where I want to watch. Thoughts?
- Ad Time: 25:50
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|