Frame Rate 71
Guest: Dave Levinthal
Topic: Netflix forming a PAC? TV and tablets, Ze Frank returns, and more.
Recorded: April 10 2012
Published: April 10 2012
Frame Rate 71:
- Dave Levinthal
The Big Story
- Netflix forms PAC
- Netflix: Stories about our new PAC and SOPA are not true
- Netflix Says Its PAC Is Not About SOPA
- Netflix wants to wield more influence in election season
Another Big Story
Yet Another Big Story
- Is Fox facing a blackout on iCloud and UltraViolet?
- From alien babies to dead Facebook friends: Amazon unveils its new movie lineup
- Netflix signs multi-year deal with Hasbro -- and knowing is half the battle
- YouTube now converting all 1080p video uploads to 3D
- PlayStation 3 deal gets Amazon Prime into gaming (finally)
- Netflix Updates Xbox 360 App, Adds Single Sign-On, Improved Facebook Sharing Outside The U.S.
- Comcast access to the HBO Go app on Xbox 360 is live
- TiVo Premiere updates coming with new Netflix and YouTube apps; Bay Area gets Comcast VOD
- The Show with Ze Frank Returns to the Web
- The Big Bang Theory S1 and S2 will finally hit Blu-ray July 10th
- 16M Users Strong, TwitchTV Takes Live-Streamed Gaming Portal Mobile With iPad And Android Apps
- Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope Is Not Your Typical Morgan Spurlock Doc
- Fan video for Jonathan Coulton's "Down Today" made from public domain ballooning footage
What We're Watching
- Brian Brushwood: Game of Thrones, Hunger Games
- Tom Merritt: Fringe, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Quantum Leap pilot
Just got my first Ultraviolet movie last night...Flixster is running some promotion where if you use Facebook to log in you earn a free Ultraviolet movie at random (mine was ""He's Just Not That Into You""). After installing the Flixster app on my iPad I successfully streamed and downloaded the film and it played quite well. After this experience, I'm actually quiet impressed with the service, though I do not like how digital copies are now split between iTunes and Ultraviolet by studio. While I can indeed access both libraries at will (except for FOX films on iCloud) I do find it annoying to go to different sources for my films. Let's hope it gets better later on...
Just thought I'd drop a line.
I first noticed this on Sunday night during the scene with Theon and Balon. When Asher entered, Theon called her Yara. At first I thought I hadn't remembered something correctly from A Clash with Kings, but I looked into it and sure enough the producers changed her name to Yara. They say they did this to prevent confusion with the wildling Osha.
They also did this with young Robert in the first season (changing it to Robin) to prevent confusion with King Robert.
What do you guys think of changes like this? Obviously, these aren't major plot points and I'm sure those will all be intact, but I was taken aback when I saw the Greyjoys and expected to hear Asher, only to hear something else.
Nevertheless, I love both the books and the TV show. They've done a terrific job and if the only thing I can question are slight alterations to names of characters, that's pretty good. (and the Stannis/Melisandre sex scene)
Would love to hear your thoughts on minor changes like names.
Love the show!
- Ad Time: 22:13
- Ad Time: 44:41
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|