Frame Rate 93
Topic: Nintendo TVii for Wii U, Shazam: not just music, Google Fiber TV, App Store snub, Spotify for TV, and more.
Recorded: September 17, 2012
Published: September 17, 2012
Frame Rate 93
- Nintendo unveils 'Nintendo TVii' for Wii U (video)
- Nintendo TVii supported by 'all' major US and Canadian cable companies, dish services
- Here's the company behind Nintendo TVii (spoilers: it's not Nintendo)
Another Big Story
Yet Another Big Story
- Google Fiber announces 180 qualified fiberhoods, sets approximate rollout schedule
- Hulu's PlayStation 3 app upgraded, is the first for the living room to deliver the 'new experience'
- Hulu Plus, HBO Go and Max Go apps for iOS updated with support for closed captions
- App Store snub? Apple leaves YouTube off list of top video apps
- Spotify for TV – could it finally be true?
What We’re Watching
- Brian Brushwood: Sons of Anarchy
- Tom Merritt: The Booth at the End, H+, Doctor Who, Wallander, Jiro Dreams of Sushi, Goonies
I went through the box office numbers from the draft then looked at them as if the Movie Draft counted international box office numbers, I found a few interesting things. First off, the Hosts,
- Justin would still be in 1st with $2,786,631,154
- Brian would move up to 2nd with $1,997,421,296
- Scott would move up to 3rd with $1,177,166,168
- Tom would move down to 4th with $1,776,992,510
- Sarah would still be in 5th with $1,431,176,613
- Veronica would still be in 6th with $776,955,712
Second, the Chatrealm,
- Dan would move up to 1st(from 7th) with $3,113,215,096
- Jeff Collier would move up to 2nd(from 13th) with $2,812,321,748
- realtimeserendipity would move down to 3rd(from 1st) with $2,776,325,000
- (TayStad) would move up to 7th(from 355th) with $2,520,450,608
Some movies were only released in the US or some did not fair as well Internationally. Some movies did better or gained a lot more in the International market and had more time to do well. Also, some are just now opening Internationally(ie. China).
It would be interesting to at least show the International numbers in the next Movie Draft doc.
One more note, even if movies in the US bomb, but they make a lot of money Internationally, their going to still make sequels. And some movies did ok in the US, but did very very well Internationally(Wrath of the Titans, Battleship, MIB 3, Prometheus, Ice Age: Continental Drift, and The Expendables 2). So expect more sequels!
Any party filing a takedown notice that is later overturned loses it's right to post takedown notices for 24 hours. If the same party offends within 24 hours of their ban being lifted, they lose the right to issue takedown notices for 30 days.
This would still allow for automated takedowns but the cost might get so high that publishers might employ human oversight. This would have no effect on small publishers issuing legitimate notice."
- Ad Time: 21:54
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|