Green Tech Today 2
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: July 26, 2010
Published: August 18, 2010
Green Tech Today 2: Cool Roofs And Hot Tea
Keeping your roof cool, a high-tech teamaker, Google buying up wind farms, nanotech poo power (yes, really), and more!
- Reflective roofs stopping global warming
- Painting roofs white/reflective in hot/sunny areas can really cut down on air conditioner usage, saving both money on the energy bill and slowing global warming (by using less fossil fuel for AC).
- Cool Colors Project
- Tree Hotel
- Hotel rooms built amongst the existing trees, up off the ground.
- Bird safe windows.
- Main site
- Energy from Sewage
- Harnessing the energy in waste...leaving behind waste that isn't as bad, everyone wins!
- article link
- Recovering power from water draining
- As water drains down, it is releasing a lot of kinetic energy...especially in tall buildings. Put a generator in that grabs some of that and save $$.
- article link
- E-book sales picking up, saving trees
- Google Investing in Energy
- Google.org (non-profit arm) bought into an Iowa wind farm, looking at offsetting what they're using in their data centers
- blog link
- Tea Maker
- Heats just the right amount of water The Breville One-Touch Tea Maker
- Ecomagination.com mention TWiT
- ad times:
- Edited by: Sarah, Dr. Kiki, Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|