Hosts: Bob Heil
Debut: May 24, 2011
Recorded: Wed 6:00pm Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~60 minutes
Set: Radio Corner
Ham Nation is the TWIT show about ham radio. Bob Heil, with various co-hosts and guests, will cover the excitement and importance of ham radio - from tossing an antenna wire in a tree allowing you to talk to the world, to the importance of ham radio operators in time of disasters. Ham Nation premiered on May 24, 2011. The show currently airs live on Wednesday at 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET with the on demand download available within 24 hours.
- Bob Heil, K9EID
- Gordon West, WB6NOA
- George Thomas, W5JDX
- Don Wilbanks, AE5DW
- Dale Puckett, K0HYD
- Valerie Hotzfeld, NV9L
- Amanda Alden, K1DDN
- Leo Laporte, W6TWT
For details on contributing videos for potential play during Ham Nation, see this link http://www.hamnationvideos.info
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- Ham Nation 168 – Live at the TWiT Studio, with Leo Laporte!"–Bob Heil, Gordon West, George Thomas, Ray Novak and more are live with Leo Laporte in the TWiT studios in Petaluma, California!
- Ham Nation 167 – Last Man Standing Takes the Test!"–SEDCO W4DXCC, Valerie explains LOTW, serial controlled antenna switch, and more.
- Ham Nation 166 – Ham Radio Goes to Hollywood!"–Peoria Superfest, building an Adventure Tuner Kit, protecting your station from lightning, and more.
- Ham Nation 165 – DX'ing Around the World"–Microwave activity weekend, build your own FT-817 Portable Pack, DX'ing all over the world with DXpeditions, and more.
- Ham Nation 164 – Connectors, Mixers and Route 66!"–Recognizing good connectors, Route 66 On the Air, building a line mixer and more!
- Ham Nation 163 – We Visit the Collins Demo Van!"–A restored Collins demo van, tracking devices for hams, Vintage Radio and Communications Museum of Connecticut and more!
- Ham Nation 162 – Gordo and the Di-Poles"–Gordon West takes the Ice Bucket Challenge, dipole antennas, DIY "On Air" sign for your shack and more!
- Ham Nation 161 – We Visit Val's New Digs!–Kansas QSO Party, the Wake Island DXpedition, Don Wilbanks' Ice Bucket Challenge, and more!
- Ham Nation 160 – Rocky Mountain Ham–The 2014 Duke City Hamfest, PSK31 on a Rasberry Pi, Austin Summerfest 2014 and more!
- Ham Nation 159 – It's Ladies Night!–National Night Out, making your first QSO on HF, Convention scenes from the ARRL Centennial Convention, and more!
- Ham Nation 158 – Mr. Heil goes to Canada, Eh?–Bob reports back from Canada Hamfest, Gordo shows antennas for your mobile rig, a new use for dead batteries, show me your shack update, and more!
- Ham Nation 157 – One Iota of a Show!–Gordo's Short Shots from the ARRL centennial, what to do when a contest is over, Randy's $5 volt meter in an Altoid tin and more!
- Ham Nation 156 – The ARRL at 100!–WRTC results, the ARRL centennial, George's Field Day setup, and more!
- Ham Nation 155 – The ABCs of the WRTC–Tropospheric ducting, WRTC 2014, how to use a Voice Keyer, and more!
- Ham Nation 154 – Tim Duffy visits with Joe Rudi, at K3LR–Tim Duffy interviews Major League Baseball great Joe Rudi, Field Day reports, an 8 year old talks to the International Space Station, and more.
- Ham Nation 153 – Field Day Preparations–Field Day Preparations and more.
- Ham Nation 152 – JOHN CLEMENS 90th birthday, Gordo ready's for field Day–A special birthday present for John Clemens, Field day with Gordo, soldering the iPhone to Icom HT interface and more.
- Ham Nation 151 – Sea-Pac–Seaside Oregon Sea-Pac Hamfest, QSLing with Valerie, George interviews Randy(K7AGE) and more.
- Ham Nation 150 – Six Meters is ALIVE!–Exploring the six-meter band, inside an IC-7000, constructing an inexpensive 10M Beam and more.
- Ham Nation 149 – How to Use Your Grid Dip Meter–Using a Grid Dip Meter, audio mixers, Dayton after dark, and more.
- Ham Nation 148 – We Survived Dayton!–News from Dayton HamVention, iPhone to Icom interface, extremely low noise antennas, and more.
- Ham Nation 147 – Dayton Preview!–Bob and Valerie report in from Dayton, 2009 Newsline Young Ham of the Year Andrew Koenig, mobile HF radio installs and more!
- Ham Nation 146 – We're All Off to Dayton!–APRS(Automatic Packet Reporting System), mobile beacon to Dayton, MFJ products, and more!
- Ham Nation 145 – K7AGE's Magic Drawing Board–Aluma Towers, running splits, sound card interfaces for PSK31, and more!
- Ham Nation 144 – Joe Walsh(WB6ACU) Enters Ham Radio–Joe Walsh(WB6ACU) returns to the show to talk about how he started with Ham radio, Field Day, questions from the chat room and more!
- Ham Nation 143 – Bob at NAB and DXing with Valerie–Bob's NAB experience, DX Code of Conduct, Arduino ID Timer, and more!
- Ham Nation 142 – Up on the Roof–Don's Solara mobile install, smoke and solder, show me your shack, and more!
- Ham Nation 141 – Joe Walsh WB6ACU Co-hosts!–In this special episode, Joe Walsh(WB6ACU), of the Eagles and the Ham Nation theme talks with the crew! Also Leo Laporte, Tim Duffy, Ray Novak and we announce an addition to the staff!
- Ham Nation 140 – Robert W0VMC Shows Those Monster Broadcast Transmitters–'Heavy Iron' Gurus, reviewing balanced and unbalanced audio, an elementary school ham club, and more.
- Ham Nation 139 – Flying High Over K9EID–Hexcopter flies over K9EID, Acadiana AARA Hamfest, Mobile HF wiring, and more.
- Ham Nation 138 – A World Class Contest Station–Anita and Fred's world class contest station, Green County Hamfest, measuring coax impedance, and more.
- Ham Nation 137 – The World Radiosport Team Championship–The 20-Meter Net Control, the World Radiosport Team Championship, George explains diodes, and more.
- Ham Nation 136 – DX Engineering Acquires Cycle 24 Antenna–Ham Nation from Dayton news, Gordo is on emergency storm watch, Bob explains ground loops, and more.
- Ham Nation 135 – Reel to Real–Bob shows off his old reels, coronal mass ejection expands the 10 meter band, Puerto Rico ARRL Convention, and more.
- Ham Nation 134 – Station Grounding–Bob is inducted to the Hammond Organ Hall Of Fame, how to make a career out of being a ham, compression f connectors, using radio for healthcare, and more.
- Ham Nation 133 – The 2014 Dayton Hamvention Award Winners–Hamvention award winner announcement, Bob's back from his trip with pictures, from CES the FLIR One, RF connectors, and more.
- Ham Nation 132 – Visiting Quartzfest–CES quadcopters, Quartzfest with Gordo, radio propagation 101, how Hams got their name, and more.
- Ham Nation 131 – Getting Wired–Vintage video of Amateur Radio Newsline, the Blizzard of '67, transmission lines, and more!
- Ham Nation 130 – Gordo's CES report, and Bob's AGC Receiver Adjustment–Gordo reports from CES, Proper AGC adjustment, keeping a log book, and more.
- Ham Nation 129 – The Mosley CM-1 History–A life saving Ham radio story, Bob interviews Mosley CM-1 Creator John Clemens, how to solder small chips, and more.
- Ham Nation 128 – Deck the Halls–A message from Santa in the North Pole, Heil 12 days of Christmas, QRZ Sweepstakes Winners, freeze your acorns off QRP event, and more.
- Ham Nation 127 – Live from DX Engineering–Bob is live from DX Engineering, humanitarian award goes to a HAM operator, Kempton Rally 2013, CES shots from Gordo, and more.
- Ham Nation 126 – Old Guys Rule–Smoke and solder gender bender, show me your shack, Cheryl's chat room, and more.
- Ham Nation 125 – Thanksgiving QSO–Smoke and solder power pole connectors, Thanksgiving message from Last Man Standing, transmitting from the beach and more.
- Ham Nation 124 – LIVE FROM: Midwest ARRL Convention–Live interviews with numerous people in Ham Radio
- Ham Nation 123 – A recap of the Midwest ARRL Convention–We're back from the Lebanon convention, interview with Joe Eisenberg K0NEB, honoring our veterans, a don't try this at home video, and more.
- Ham Nation 122 – Gordo joins Bob in the stage and lab at Pleasant Hope–Upcoming ARRL midwest convention, antenna and transmitter switches, Tokyo radio center, questions from the chat room, and more.
- Ham Nation 121 – George builds an intercom and Happy Halloween!–Bob's been busy with the Wrecking Crew, how to make a cheap intercom, in depth with multi-band antennas, and more..
- Ham Nation 120 – DX Engineering's Grand Opening–Measuring Xformer impedance, DX Engineerings grand opening, photos from Pacific-Con, and more.