Hosts: Bob Heil
Debut: May 24, 2011
Recorded: Wed 6:00pm Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~60 minutes
Set: Radio Corner
Ham Nation is the TWIT show about ham radio. Bob Heil, with various co-hosts and guests, will cover the excitement and importance of ham radio - from tossing an antenna wire in a tree allowing you to talk to the world, to the importance of ham radio operators in time of disasters. Ham Nation premiered on May 24, 2011. The show currently airs live on Wednesday at 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET with the on demand download available within 24 hours.
- Bob Heil, K9EID
- Gordon West, WB6NOA
- George Thomas, W5JDX
- Don Wilbanks, AE5DW
- Dale Puckett, K0HYD
- Valerie Hotzfeld, NV9L
- Amanda Alden, K1DDN
- Leo Laporte, W6TWT
For details on contributing videos for potential play during Ham Nation, see this link http://www.hamnationvideos.info
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- Ham Nation 192 – K3LR In the TWiT Brickhouse!–The ARRL Rookie Roundup, Tim Duffy is in studio with an announcement, reinforcing cables with Sugru and more!
- Ham Nation 191 – K6TD Tells Us About the Visalia Convention–The upcoming International DX Convention in Visalia, California, 2015 Baker 2 Vegas, building a 2m quarter wave antenna, and more!
- Ham Nation 190 – Christian Brings Us the Perfect Elmer–The Hawaiian beacon and tropospheric ducting, a new ham and his elmer, George tests his Iambino Keyer for Arduino and more!
- Ham Nation 189 – Dr. Skov Goes to Dayton!–Antenna analyzers, a 13-year-old new ham, basic fundamentals of baluns and more!
- Ham Nation 188 – Valerie and Jerry Report on Navassa–HF Mobile, Sierra Foothills ARC Hamfest 2015, 2015 Dayton Hamvention Awards, listen to a K1N pileup and more!
- Ham Nation 187 – Green Hams and Gear"–Antenna baluns, Gordo visits the Main Trading Company, Antenna testing using WSPR and more!
- Ham Nation 186 – Life on Navassa–Bob makes a distant mobile contact, Orange Texas Hamfest, footage from the Navassa DXpedition and more!
- Ham Nation 185 – Hello New Hams!–New Ham Christian Cudnik, building a field strength meter, iOS apps for amateur radio and more!
- Ham Nation 184 – A Cold Day in Hell, Michigan–HamCation 2015 in Orlando Florida, programming a D-STAR radio, the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and more!
- Ham Nation 183 – Doctor D-STAR is In!–Making your presentation live with demos, what is D-STAR? K1N Navassa is on the air and more!
- Ham Nation 182 – We Visit the American Legion Amateur Radio Club–Gordo Short Shots from Quartzfest 2015, The American Legion Amateur Radio Club, setting up an HF station and more!
- Ham Nation 181 – Sing-Along with Gordo!"–Gordo sings at Quartzfest 2015, Amateur Radio Newsline is back, Don and George's excellent Hamfest adventure and more!
- Ham Nation 180 – Where There's Smoke, There's Ham!"–Gordo and Randy at Quartzfest 2015, how different products are powered, the KP1-5 Project Navassa DXpedition with Bob Allphin and more!
- Ham Nation 179 – Gordo and Bob Return from CES!"–Gordo and Bob report from CES 2015, Quartzfest preparation with Randy, Bob's trick to remember Ohm's law and more!
- Ham Nation 178 – Happy 2015!"–How did these Hams spend the holidays? The ISS on SSTV, tips for better contesting and more!
- Ham Nation 177 – A Ham Nation Holiday!"–Quartzfest 2014, Randy(K7AGE) finishes building and testing Bob Heil's mixer, a Christmas surprise from Amateur Logic.tv and more!
- Ham Nation 176 – Bob Sets Up His 1962 EICO"–The 10 Meter Contest, inside the CheapoDuino, hooking up a 1962 EICO 720 and more!
- Ham Nation 175 – I'm Dreaming of a DX Christmas"–Directional antennas, DX holiday style, Randy (K7AGE) on wiring and soldering a mixer, and more!
- Ham Nation 174 – Green Ham and Fish"–George checks out a FISH8840 component tester, Ham Radio Day 2014 in Paris TX, finding an old call sign and more!
- Ham Nation 173 – Valerie Finishes Her Report on LOTW"–Randy continues building Bob's mixer, more Logbook of the World with Valerie, NIXA Hamfest, and more!
- Ham Nation 172 – Ships Ahoy!"–Putting up a telescopic flag pole antenna, lightweight QRP power source, being a ham at sea, and more!
- Ham Nation 171 – It's Halloween for the Ham Nation Gang!"–Bob Heil shows how to DX on a vintage station.
- Ham Nation 170 – We Visit Valerie's New Antenna Farm!–Gordon West explains why use a dipole.
- Ham Nation 169 – Pacificon and Petaluma!–George Thomas reports on the Ham Nation crew's trip to Petaluma and Pacificon.
- Ham Nation 168 – Live at the TWiT Studio, with Leo Laporte!"–Bob Heil, Gordon West, George Thomas, Ray Novak and more are live with Leo Laporte in the TWiT studios in Petaluma, California!
- Ham Nation 167 – Last Man Standing Takes the Test!"–SEDCO W4DXCC, Valerie explains LOTW, serial controlled antenna switch, and more.
- Ham Nation 166 – Ham Radio Goes to Hollywood!"–Peoria Superfest, building an Adventure Tuner Kit, protecting your station from lightning, and more.
- Ham Nation 165 – DX'ing Around the World"–Microwave activity weekend, build your own FT-817 Portable Pack, DX'ing all over the world with DXpeditions, and more.
- Ham Nation 164 – Connectors, Mixers and Route 66!"–Recognizing good connectors, Route 66 On the Air, building a line mixer and more!
- Ham Nation 163 – We Visit the Collins Demo Van!"–A restored Collins demo van, tracking devices for hams, Vintage Radio and Communications Museum of Connecticut and more!
- Ham Nation 162 – Gordo and the Di-Poles"–Gordon West takes the Ice Bucket Challenge, dipole antennas, DIY "On Air" sign for your shack and more!
- Ham Nation 161 – We Visit Val's New Digs!–Kansas QSO Party, the Wake Island DXpedition, Don Wilbanks' Ice Bucket Challenge, and more!
- Ham Nation 160 – Rocky Mountain Ham–The 2014 Duke City Hamfest, PSK31 on a Rasberry Pi, Austin Summerfest 2014 and more!
- Ham Nation 159 – It's Ladies Night!–National Night Out, making your first QSO on HF, Convention scenes from the ARRL Centennial Convention, and more!
- Ham Nation 158 – Mr. Heil goes to Canada, Eh?–Bob reports back from Canada Hamfest, Gordo shows antennas for your mobile rig, a new use for dead batteries, show me your shack update, and more!
- Ham Nation 157 – One Iota of a Show!–Gordo's Short Shots from the ARRL centennial, what to do when a contest is over, Randy's $5 volt meter in an Altoid tin and more!
- Ham Nation 156 – The ARRL at 100!–WRTC results, the ARRL centennial, George's Field Day setup, and more!
- Ham Nation 155 – The ABCs of the WRTC–Tropospheric ducting, WRTC 2014, how to use a Voice Keyer, and more!
- Ham Nation 154 – Tim Duffy visits with Joe Rudi, at K3LR–Tim Duffy interviews Major League Baseball great Joe Rudi, Field Day reports, an 8 year old talks to the International Space Station, and more.
- Ham Nation 153 – Field Day Preparations–Field Day Preparations and more.
- Ham Nation 152 – JOHN CLEMENS 90th birthday, Gordo ready's for field Day–A special birthday present for John Clemens, Field day with Gordo, soldering the iPhone to Icom HT interface and more.
- Ham Nation 151 – Sea-Pac–Seaside Oregon Sea-Pac Hamfest, QSLing with Valerie, George interviews Randy(K7AGE) and more.
- Ham Nation 150 – Six Meters is ALIVE!–Exploring the six-meter band, inside an IC-7000, constructing an inexpensive 10M Beam and more.
- Ham Nation 149 – How to Use Your Grid Dip Meter–Using a Grid Dip Meter, audio mixers, Dayton after dark, and more.
- Ham Nation 148 – We Survived Dayton!–News from Dayton HamVention, iPhone to Icom interface, extremely low noise antennas, and more.
- Ham Nation 147 – Dayton Preview!–Bob and Valerie report in from Dayton, 2009 Newsline Young Ham of the Year Andrew Koenig, mobile HF radio installs and more!
- Ham Nation 146 – We're All Off to Dayton!–APRS(Automatic Packet Reporting System), mobile beacon to Dayton, MFJ products, and more!
- Ham Nation 145 – K7AGE's Magic Drawing Board–Aluma Towers, running splits, sound card interfaces for PSK31, and more!
- Ham Nation 144 – Joe Walsh(WB6ACU) Enters Ham Radio–Joe Walsh(WB6ACU) returns to the show to talk about how he started with Ham radio, Field Day, questions from the chat room and more!
- Ham Nation 143 – Bob at NAB and DXing with Valerie–Bob's NAB experience, DX Code of Conduct, Arduino ID Timer, and more