Hosts: Bob Heil
Debut: May 24, 2011
Recorded: Wed 6:00pm Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~60 minutes
Set: Radio Corner
Ham Nation is the TWIT show about ham radio. Bob Heil, with various co-hosts and guests, will cover the excitement and importance of ham radio - from tossing an antenna wire in a tree allowing you to talk to the world, to the importance of ham radio operators in time of disasters. Ham Nation premiered on May 24, 2011. The show currently airs live on Wednesday at 6:00pm PT/9:00pm ET with the on demand download available within 24 hours.
- Bob Heil, K9EID
- Gordon West, WB6NOA
- George Thomas, W5JDX
- Don Wilbanks, AE5DW
- Dale Puckett, K0HYD
- Cheryl Lasek, K9BIK
- Leo Laporte, W6TWT
For details on contributing videos for potential play during Ham Nation, see this link http://www.hamnationvideos.info
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- Ham Nation 135 – Reel to Real–Bob shows off his old reels, coronal mass ejection expands the 10 meter band, Puerto Rico ARRL Convention, and more.
- Ham Nation 134 – Station Grounding–Bob is inducted to the Hammond Organ Hall Of Fame, how to make a career out of being a ham, compression f connectors, using radio for healthcare, and more.
- Ham Nation 133 – The 2014 Dayton Hamvention Award Winners–Hamvention award winner announcement, Bob's back from his trip with pictures, from CES the FLIR One, RF connectors, and more.
- Ham Nation 132 – Visiting Quartzfest–CES quadcopters, Quartzfest with Gordo, radio propagation 101, how Hams got their name, and more.
- Ham Nation 131 – Getting Wired–Vintage video of Amateur Radio Newsline, the Blizzard of '67, transmission lines, and more!
- Ham Nation 130 – Gordo's CES report, and Bob's AGC Receiver Adjustment–Gordo reports from CES, Proper AGC adjustment, keeping a log book, and more.
- Ham Nation 129 – The Mosley CM-1 History–A life saving Ham radio story, Bob interviews Mosley CM-1 Creator John Clemens, how to solder small chips, and more.
- Ham Nation 128 – Deck the Halls–A message from Santa in the North Pole, Heil 12 days of Christmas, QRZ Sweepstakes Winners, freeze your acorns off QRP event, and more.
- Ham Nation 127 – Live from DX Engineering–Bob is live from DX Engineering, humanitarian award goes to a HAM operator, Kempton Rally 2013, CES shots from Gordo, and more.
- Ham Nation 126 – Old Guys Rule–Smoke and solder gender bender, show me your shack, Cheryl's chat room, and more.
- Ham Nation 125 – Thanksgiving QSO–Smoke and solder power pole connectors, Thanksgiving message from Last Man Standing, transmitting from the beach and more.
- Ham Nation 124 – LIVE FROM: Midwest ARRL Convention–Live interviews with numerous people in Ham Radio
- Ham Nation 123 – A recap of the Midwest ARRL Convention–We're back from the Lebanon convention, interview with Joe Eisenberg K0NEB, honoring our veterans, a don't try this at home video, and more.
- Ham Nation 122 – Gordo joins Bob in the stage and lab at Pleasant Hope–Upcoming ARRL midwest convention, antenna and transmitter switches, Tokyo radio center, questions from the chat room, and more.
- Ham Nation 121 – George builds an intercom and Happy Halloween!–Bob's been busy with the Wrecking Crew, how to make a cheap intercom, in depth with multi-band antennas, and more..
- Ham Nation 120 – DX Engineering's Grand Opening–Measuring Xformer impedance, DX Engineerings grand opening, photos from Pacific-Con, and more.
- Ham Nation 119 – We talk about proper microphone technique–Finish building the FM radio kit, Gordo is at Pacificon, win a chance to hear your callsign broadcast on Last Man Standing, and more.
- Ham Nation 118 – Fred Loyd, Founder of QRZ is Bob's special guest–Bob interviews Fred Lloyd AA7BQ founder of QRZ, WA5KUB reports on the U.K. hamfest, the elmering challenge, and more.
- Ham Nation 117 – Tim Duffy (K3LR) Discusses Towers and Antennas–FM radio kit part 1, busting antenna myths, news of Colorado floods, and more.
- Ham Nation 116 – Analyze This!–Jamboree on the air, Antenna Analyzers, Ham made music video, and more!
- Ham Nation 115 – A Tribute to Wayne Green W2NSD–Flooding in Colorado, how to get involved in commercial electronics, tribute to Wayne Green, and more.
- Ham Nation 114 – Hallicrafters HT37–Echo link trouble shooting, Bob works Germany with a 1962 Hillicrafters HT37, tribute to John F. Kenndy, and more.
- Ham Nation 113 – RF Demodulator–How to build your own RF Demodulator, tracking 20 meter transmitters, ham involvement with wildfires, and more.
- Ham Nation 112 – How To Use an Oscilloscope–Monitoring with your scope, tracking down man-made noise, Joplin Hamfest report, and more.
- Ham Nation 111 – Gordo Begins Teaching the Instructors –Final part of building your own 6 Meter Yagi, becoming a ham instructor, Young Ham of the Year presentation, and more.
- Ham Nation 110 – Bob Shows How to Connect Your Scope to Your Transmitter–Part 2 of building a six meter Yagi, how to make your own a RF sampler, scope transmitters, and more.
- Ham Nation 109 – Bob Finishes the Patch Panel–Proper audio cable preparation, building a six meter Yagi, Building an HF Tuner and more.
- Ham Nation 108 – George Tests his TNC Raspberry Pi–Return from HAM Holiday, tracking mylar balloons, testing the TNC-Pi, and more.
- Ham Nation 107 – Raspberry Pi and Audio –More on tropospheric ducting, hooking up a transceiver to a mixer, and setting up Raspberry Pi.
- Ham Nation 106 – Gordo Explains VHF Tropo Ducting–connecting studio monitor speakers to your receiver, building the TNC-Pi and more!
- Ham Nation 105 – Bob Launches Another Antenna –Viewer videos, Bob uses an air cannon to launch an antenna, George shows how to 'de-solder', and more!
- Ham Nation 104 – Field Day was a big success –Wes Schum greets HamNation, Boy Scouts retire a flag, Alternator noise filter and more!
- Ham Nation 103 – Fire Season –How to shoot videos, Greenville kids Ham station, Field Day with Gordo, OCF Dipole and more!
- Ham Nation 102 – Dale tells us where to send videos –Amanda's photos of the Colorado fire, Nick and George talk about Field Day, Kit building with Joe Eisenberg and more.
- Ham Nation 101 – Special Event Report –Winner of the PR40 signed by Joe Walsh, Megan the weather intern, after net control stations, final AM radio alignment, and more.
- Ham Nation 100 – We Present Our 100th Show–Celebrate our 100th episode in style with special guest appearances from Joe Walsh and Larry Junstrom.
- Ham Nation 99 – Hamvention, It's a Wrap –Video from Hamvention, Kenwood Senior Engineer Toshio Torii, part 7 of building an AM/FM radio kit, and more.
- Ham Nation 98 – Dayton 2013 –Dayton special event plans, video from Greenland, news from around the world, and more.
- Ham Nation 97 – Preparing for the Trip to Dayton – Getting ready for Dayton, how to install a mobile radio for a road trip, AM/FM radio continued, and more.
- Ham Nation 96 – Congratulations to Jay Adrick for the NAB Award –Video from George's celebration dinner, and creating parts with Shapelock.
- Ham Nation 95 – I'm Back!–Bob is back with video of Joe Walsh and Bob Seger, help needed at Dayton, Newsline update about Boston, and more.
- Ham Nation 94 – Tim & Ray at Twit–Contest University2013, part four of building an AM/FM radio, and your ham questions answered.
- Ham Nation 93 – Viewer Discretion Advised–FCC's possible elimination of indecency policies, Bob live from NAB, and your videos.
- Ham Nation 92 – AES SuperFest & Smoke&Solder–Bob's on the road, Gordo demonstrates interference, and part two of building an AM/FM radio.
- Ham Nation 91 – George builds an AM/FM radio kit– Boy Scouts ham radio merit badge, video from IWCE, and more.
- Ham Nation 90 – We Visit GigaParts– Bob shows off the Yaesu FT 3000, Ham Radio Day at GigaParts, and a look at transformers.
- Ham Nation 89 – George Receives Dayton's Special Achievement Award– Hamvention award winners, contesting with vintage gear, and a transistor relay driver.
- Ham Nation 88 – Ham Radio Featured on Tim Allen's Last Man Standing – Behind the scenes look, Inductive Reactance and more.
- Ham Nation 87 – Show Us Your Shack– look at ham shacks across the country, snow on antennas, all about how inductors work and lots of chat room fun.
- Ham Nation 86 – A Tribute to Wes Schum– Hands-on with the TS-990, a tribute to Wes Schum, and a homemade outpost.
- Ham Nation 85 – It's Valentines Day– The InnovAntenna, Bob's custom built gear, how to build a class-D audio amplifier and more.
- Ham Nation 84 – Hams Attend NAMM– The NAMM show, a preview of the Winter 2013 edition of CQ VHF, cheap wire tricks from George, and more.
- Ham Nation 83 – Where in the World is Gordo– Wrap up of Quartzfest, Differences in PL259 connectors, and more.
- Ham Nation 82 – The SoftRock Payoff– Show Us Your Shack photos, fox hunting, and the Softrock RXTX Ensemble finale.
- Ham Nation 81 – History of SSB– Ham radio gear at CES 2013, history of single sideband, homemade solder paste, more.
- Ham Nation 80 – Interest Your Wife in Ham Radio– Photos from Hamfest, hands-on with the new Icom IC-7100, and getting your wife into Ham radio.
- Ham Nation 79 – How Is Your Mic Cable?– Preparing for CES, Gordon dunks a radio in water, and how to reduce RF interference
- Ham Nation 78 – Merry Christmas From Ham Nation!– HRO Appreciation Day in Atlanta, christmas poems, and turning a Raspberry Pi into an FM transmitter.
- Ham Nation 77 – Cheryl's Ham Nation Anniversary– Bob's tour of Voice of America, Quartzfest, working SoftRock receiver and more.
- Ham Nation 76 – Gordon Receives the RCA Award – Gordo's trip back East, Bob's antenna switching system, and more.
- Ham Nation 75 – Our 75th Anniversary – Leo joins us for our 75th anniversary, Bob fires up an original 1956 Harvey-Wells, soldering aluminum and more.
- Ham Nation 74 – Tower Safety and Coaxial Dipoles – More about coaxial dipole antennas, tower safety do's and don't and more.
- Ham Nation 73 – CW Sweepstakes – Old Ham newsletters, Bob's tower project, more SoftRock Building, and tracing coax cable with a cassette player.
- Ham Nation 72 – Bob's Organ Transplant – Recovery from Hurricane Sandy, George builds Reference Monitors, and more.
- Ham Nation 71 – Hams On Halloween – Impact of Hurricane Sandy, video from the K6H PAPA System Special Event, and Building the SoftRock part 2.
- Ham Nation 70 – CQ World Wide Phone Contest – WAI4QT QRP FT817, Last Man Standing" Event, CQ WW SSB, SoftRock RXTX Ensemble Pt1, and more.
- Ham Nation 69 – On the road again with Gordo and Don – We go on the road with Gordo and Don!.
- Ham Nation 68 – George enjoys MFJ's 40th anniversary – Bob's Birthday Party, Gordo on his way to Pacificon, MFJ 40th Anniversary, MFJ-913K 4:1 Balun and more...
- Ham Nation 67 – Big doings in Starkville – The MFJ 40th anniversary, identifying broadband noise, building an OpenBeacon, and more.
- Ham Nation 66 – Viewer Videos – Capacitor and resistor substitution boxes, remote Ham radio operation, OpenBeacon part 2 and more...
- Ham Nation 65 – Science of the Phased Array – plus part one of building the etherkit.com OpenBeacon and more.
- Ham Nation 64 – Bull – Cowboy Bob and Clayton Cullen, Icom Contest award, Finish building a shortwave radio, and more.
- Ham Nation 63 – After Isaac and Icom Contest – Bob's phased 75 meter dipoles, hurricane Isaac video, Building a shortwave radio, and more.
- Ham Nation 62 – Hurricane Party – Hurricane Issac coverage, Solder a Type N connector and more.
- Ham Nation 61 – Huntsville Hamfest – Coverage of the 2012 Huntsville Hamfest, Joe Eisenberg on kits, and more.
- Ham Nation 60 – Chatrooms And Contests – Amanda returns, back to school with Gordon, capacitive reactance, and more.
- Ham Nation 59 – Meet The Net Control Operators – Amateur Microwave Event, Introduction to Resistors, Icom Contest and more.
- Ham Nation 58 – Lonnie W0GZV talks about Fi-Fi – The B-29 bomber, Quantum Sphere batteries, grounding revisited, and more.
- Ham Nation 57 – Tom, HQA Radio – Tom, KB4HQA recovers from Dayton accident, Maker Faire, Grounding, and more.
- Ham Nation 56 – Mobile HF Antennas – Going HF mobile, Gonset Communicator restoration, Raspberry Pi, and more.
- Ham Nation 55 – George's New Studio – Anacapa balloon probe, Bob’s new antenna farm, constructing George’s new shack studio, and more.
More episodes can be viewed and downloaded here
Below are detailed show notes for released episodes. These are updated as soon as possible as time allows and/or as much community effort is put into them.
- Ham Nation 135 – Reel to Real
- Ham Nation 134 – Station Grounding
- Ham Nation 133 – The 2014 Dayton Hamvention Award Winners
- Ham Nation 132 – Visiting Quartzfest
- Ham Nation 131 – Getting Wired
- Ham Nation 130 – Gordo's CES report, and Bob's AGC Receiver Adjustment
- Ham Nation 129 – The Mosley CM-1 History
- Ham Nation 128 – Deck the Halls
- Ham Nation 127 – Live from DX Engineering
- Ham Nation 126 – Old Guys Rule
- Ham Nation 125 – Thanksgiving QSO
- Ham Nation 124 – LIVE FROM: Midwest ARRL Convention
- Ham Nation 123 – A recap of the Midwest ARRL Convention
- Ham Nation 122 – Gordo joins Bob in the stage and lab at Pleasant Hope
- Ham Nation 121 – George builds an intercom and Happy Halloween!
- Ham Nation 120 – DX Engineering's Grand Opening
- Ham Nation 119 – We talk about proper microphone technique
- Ham Nation 118 – Fred Loyd, Founder of QRZ is Bob's special guest
- Ham Nation 117 – Tim Duffy (K3LR) Discusses Towers and Antennas
- Ham Nation 116 – Analyze This!
- Ham Nation 115 – A Tribute to Wayne Green W2NSD
- Ham Nation 114 – Hallicrafters HT37
- Ham Nation 113 – RF Demodulator
- Ham Nation 112 – How To Use an Oscilloscope
- Ham Nation 111 – Gordo Begins Teaching the Instructors
- Ham Nation 110 – Bob Shows How to Connect Your Scope to Your Transmitter
- Ham Nation 109 – Bob Finishes His Mic Patch Panel
- Ham Nation 108 – George Tests his TNC Raspberry Pi
- Ham Nation 107 – Raspberry Pi and Audio
- Ham Nation 106 – Gordo Explains VHF Tropo Ducting
- Ham Nation 105 – Bob Launches Another Antenna
- Ham Nation 104 – Field Day Was A Success
- Ham Nation 103 – Fire Season
- Ham Nation 102 – Dale tell us where to send our videos
- Ham Nation 101 – Special Event Report
- Ham Nation 100 – We Present Our 100th Show
- Ham Nation 99 – Hamvention, It's a wrap
- Ham Nation 98 – Dayton 2013
- Ham Nation 97 – Preparing for the Trip to Dayton
- Ham Nation 96 – Congratulations to Jay Adrick for the NAB Award
- Ham Nation 95 – I'm Back!
- Ham Nation 94 – Tim & Ray at Twit
- Ham Nation 93 – Viewer Discretion Advised
- Ham Nation 92 – AES Superfest & Smoke&Solder
- Ham Nation 91 – George builds an AM/FM Radio Kit
- Ham Nation 90 – We Visit Gigaparts
- Ham Nation 89 – George Receives Dayton's Special Achievement Award
- Ham Nation 88 – Ham Radio Featured on Tim Allen's Last Man Standing
- Ham Nation 87 – Show Us Your Shack
- Ham Nation 86 – A Tribute to Wes Schum
- Ham Nation 85 – It's Valentines Day
- Ham Nation 84 – Hams Attend NAMM
- Ham Nation 83 – Where in the World is Gordo
- Ham Nation 82 – The SoftRock Payoff
- Ham Nation 81 – History of SSB, part 1
- Ham Nation 80 – Interest Your Wife in Ham Radio
- Ham Nation 79 – How Is Your Mic Cable
- Ham Nation 78 – Merry Christmas From Ham Nation!
- Ham Nation 77 – Cheryl's Ham Nation Anniversary
- Ham Nation 76 – Gordon Receives The RCA Award
- Ham Nation 75 – Our 75th Anniversary
- Ham Nation 74 – Tower Safety and Coaxial Dipoles
- Ham Nation 73 – CW Sweepstakes Weekend
- Ham Nation 72 – Bob's Organ Transplant
- Ham Nation 71 – Ham On Halloween
- Ham Nation 70 – CQ World Wide Phone Contest
- Ham Nation 69 – On the road again with Gordo and Don
- Ham Nation 68 – George enjoys MFJ's 40th anniversary
- Ham Nation 67 – Big doings in Starkville
- Ham Nation 66 – Viewer Videos
- Ham Nation 65 – Science of the Phased Array
- Ham Nation 64 – Bull
- Ham Nation 63 – After Isaac and the Icom Contest
- Ham Nation 62 – Hurricane Party
- Ham Nation 61 – Huntsville Hamfest
- Ham Nation 60 – Chatrooms And Contests
- Ham Nation 59 – Meet The Net Control Operators
- Ham Nation 58 – Lonnie W0GZV talks about Fi-Fi
- Ham Nation 57 – Tom, HQA Radio
- Ham Nation 56 – Mobile HF Antennas
- Ham Nation 55 – George's New Studio
Additional show notes for Ham Nation can be found here.