IPad Today 65
Recorded: September 29, 2011
Published: September 29, 2011
iPad Today 65: Kindle Fire vs. iPad, Bookmarklet Mania, Shadowgun!
Leo & Sarah show off handy Safari bookmarklets, Kindle Fire takes on iPad, Shadowgun, WSJ Live, Quora, Evri, & a reggae cap!
Today's theme is...... bookmarklets!
- Leo's bookmark hack for Flipboard
- Add bookmarklet for Instapaper - instapaper.com/extras
SO, THAT HAPPENED.
- Amazon's new Kindles
- Apple event next Tuesday, 10/4.
- new iPhone(s)?
- Facebook iPad app?"
APP STORE N00BS:
- Skype 3.5.118 now includes ads to anyone not using Skype Credit, a calling subscription, or premium subscription
- Skype update has ads, upsets everyone
"Hi Leo and Sarah,
I am a lawyer and although I no longer appear in court, I do give many public presentations at conferences around the world. Recently I was asked to give a keynote presentation at the end of a conference. I was asked to wrap up the conference and therefore had to include references to remarks from the speakers that preceded me in my closing remarks. Typically, I would take notes on paper and try to decipher my terrible handwriting when at the podium and incorporate them into my prepared remarks. However, recently I used my iPad for the first time when giving a speech. It was a dream. I took notes during the other presentations, modified my speech on the go and everything was perfectly legible. It is not very easy to lug a laptop to a lectern from the audience in this type of situation and the ipad worked well.
I wonder whether you have ever done a show where you discussed teleprompter apps for people who make speeches. PowerPoint is not always appropriate.
Love your show! Terry"
- Ian the Australian Mets fan needs our help Ian's looking for some iPad business help
- *Leo's recommendation: EasySign
- easysignmobile.com, FREE
APP CAP AWARD
- ad times: :46 - :59 and 22:45 - 24:58
- ad times: :59 - 1:13 and 48:01 -50:43
- ad times: 1:13 - 1:28 and 57:50 - 59:37
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|