IPad Today 74
Recorded: November 28, 2011
Published: December 1, 2011
iPad Today 74: Best RSS Readers, Mixel, Anthropologie
Leo & Sarah's best RSS reader app picks, Mixel for creative mashups, Anthropologie for gifts, NYTimes gets better, split keyboard tricks, & more!
Today's theme is...... RSS READERS!
- app1 - feedly
- feedly.com, FREE
- app2 - Reeder
- reederapp.com, $4.99
- app3 - Google Reader (via Safari or Google Search app) FREE
- app4 - Newsrack (Google Reader not mandatory)
- iphonenewsreader.com, $4.99
- app5 - Feeddler Pro
- chebinliu.com, $4.99
SO, THAT HAPPENED.
- NYT iPad app gets slightly better, still ad-heavy - reorder your news topics added in lastest version
DUH TIP 1:
- perhaps you'll be sending some holiday emails to relatives across the world, even in different languages.. if so, flyinactor91 on YouTube sent in this Duh Tip
DUH TIP 2:
- double-space for period (can toggle on/off in settings)
- @dougeel on Twitter has some refurb info based on last week's question of whether refurbs are US-only
"Just discovered the podcasting app Instacast is now available for the iPad! Rather good it is too complete with iCloud sync! Thought you'd like to check it out on the next show! Best regards, Mark Boulton, Hastings, England."
- Instacast gets iCloud support
GOT A CLUE? "I love the new split keyboard of iOS, but I've come on a problem when you get down to the bottom of the page the text hides behind the keyboard and you can't scroll the page (i.e. the page pops back into place).
Now, if you merge the keyboard it pushes the text up above the keyboard. Do you know of a way to keep the text visible AND keep the keyboard split?
I love the show and wish you both all the happiness and success you can stand.
Ave atque Vale, Baron Aeryk Pierson --Spreçt from mìnen iPåd"
APP CAP AWARD
- ad times: :50 - 1:07 and 46:46 - 48:54
- ad times: 1:07 - 1:22 and 26:38 - 28:03
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|