IPad Today 94
Recorded: April 19, 2012
Published: April 19, 2012
iPad Today 94: Baseball's back, SoundHound, Jetpac, Pixable
Leo & Sarah run down this year's best baseball apps, SoundHound beats Shazam, Jetpac for your travel bug, a Keynote duh tip, and more!
Today's theme is...... BASEBALL'S BACK!
SO, THAT HAPPENED.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook spotted at video game designer Valve's headquarters in Bellvue, WA
- thx to Tony Vitale for sending. He says "Here I go again , pushing my theory that Apple is developing a gaming iPod , not a 7.85" iPad but a iPod aimed right at the heart of the gaming market. The pieces are all falling into place."
- Valve maintains the Steam gaming platform, which distributes over 1,400 games to an audience of over 30 million active users.
- In 2010 Valve announced it was bringing Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2, to the Mac for 1st time. It also announced it would simultaneously release Portal 2 for the Mac and Windows that winter.
iPAD TODAY STARS OF THE WEEK
VIEWERS LIKE YOU
- Hey Leo and Sarah, in episode 64 you guys covered the MadPad app on the show and I found a real use case of this. In this video Chiddy Bang, made up of Xaphoon and Chiddy use the app to create a beat based on their song "Ray Charles". No offense to Sarah, but I think we can all agree it's better than what she made in that episode. Thanks for all the shows and I'll be watching live on Thursday.
"I recently bought Keynote for the iPad to for presentation at the United States Institute for Theatre Technology national conference in Long Beach two weeks ago. After the presentation a student of mine informed me that if you are using Keynote you can hold you finger on the screen and a red laser like dot appears on the screen and any external monitor. So you dont need a laser pointer for the presentation, I just wish I would have know that before the session.
- Todd Proffitt"
"Sarah and Leo,
I've compared SoundHound and Shazam, and I think you chose the weaker app to highlight this week. SoundHound easily identified the Jump5 track that stumped Shazzam on the show. I can't recall the last time SoundHound couldn't correctly name a song. And I've been repeatedly disappointed in those TV shows that tell you to Shazzam an episode; virtually nothing extra or worthwhile comes up. For me, SoundHound is the winner in this category.
- Great deals at monoprice.com
APP CAP AWARD
- ad times: 00:50 to 01:04 & 25:24 to 28:15
- ad times: 01:04 to 01:17 & 50:01 to 51:30
- Edited by: Bryan
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|