MacBreak Weekly 146
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guests: Scott Bourne, Andy Ihnatko
Recorded: June 23, 2009
Published: June 23, 2009
MacBreak Weekly 146: Sneaky Andy
- New York Times article about Apple's obsession with secrecy.
- Scott, Andy, and Leo are impressed with the camera capabilities of the iPhone 3GS.
- Andy feels there are some areas that could use improvement in the iPhone OS 3.0 Software Update: Cut/Copy/Paste implementation, Spotlight, and Voice Control on 3GS.
- Man uses "Find My iPhone" feature to recover lost phone
- Discussion on whether or not it is worth upgrading from iPhone 3G to 3GS.
- According to The Wall Street Journal, Steve Jobs had a liver transplant two months ago.
- Steve Jobs has been seen on the Apple Campus in Cupertino, CA, according to an article published on CNBC.com.
- 12% of iPhone 3GS purchasers are BlackBerry "switchers".
- Apple releases Firmware Update to address SATA speed issues in new MacBook Pro.
Picks of the Week
- Cameras from Flexibits - Free
- iPhone Alarm Pack from RingtoneFeeder - $6.49
- Dropbox - Free for 2GB Basic Account; $9.99/mo or $99.00/yr for 50GB Pro Account; $19.99/mo or $199.00/yr for 100GB Pro Account
- Maui Photo Festival - One of the instructors will be MBW's very own Scott Bourne!
| Songs of the Doomed: More Notes on the Death of the American Dream by Hunter S. Thompson (ABRIDGED)|
Narrated by Hunter S. Thompson
Ad time: 0:47-0:58 and 36:28-7:15
- Squarespace - Use Promo Code: MacBreak to save 10% on your web site
Ad time: 0:34-0:48 and 1:00:13-1:03:37
- Recorded Date: June 23, 2009
- Release Date: June 23, 2009
- Duration: 1:19:05
- Log line:
- Edited by: Erik & Tony
- Notes: Recovered Scott's first few words from MP3 backup (01:19). Clipped Andy's story to cover Audition stop/start recording (02:22).