MacBreak Weekly 216
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guests: Andy Ihnatko, Chris Breen
Recorded: October 12, 2010
Published: October 12, 2010
MacBreak Weekly 216: No Mojo For You
- Leo Laporte (@leolaporte)
- Andy Ihnatko (@ihnatko)
- Chris Breen (@bodyofbreen)
- Windows Phone 7 Launch
- Official Ad - Season of the Witch
- iOS and Android are app-centric while Windows Phone 7 will be OS-centric
- Official Ad - Really
- "It's time for a phone to save us from our phones... Designed to get you in, and out, and back to life."
- Opposite of PC (large number of applications) vs. Mac (the right apps doing everything I need to do simply and elegantly)
- The Mac was always the computer to get stuff done, that you didn't have to fuss with
- iPhone to Verizon in Early 2011
- Wall Street Journal says so and the New York Times concurs
- How much will Apple concede? vCast on the iPhone?
- Dualband GSM/CDMA? No LTE?
- iPhone4 or iPhone 5?
- Possible problem with scoring the back glass of iPhone4 eventually causing back glass to shatter
- Apple trademarks "There's an app for that"
- Leo figures he'll never have to buy another desktop for ten-years
- Andy points out the iPad with it's relatively puny A4 does what he needs it to do
- Processors and drive space no longer limit productivity
- We want a bigger pipe into the home
- Leo got his Apple TV
Picks of the Week
- Zoom H1Handy Recorder (US $99.00)
- Instagram iPhone App (FREE)
- "Maybe I'll buy a Windows computer so I can also play Civ 5 and there's some games that are, you know, still not on the Macintosh even though Steam is... And then I thought, really, the best Windows computer is a Mac Pro, so I decided to buy the Mac Pro." --Leo Laporte
- Leo: I bought the eight core, the middle one, not the 12 core, not the quad-core, but the dual Westmeres with 8 gigs of RAM, and I'm thinking as I'm buying it this may be the last desktop I'll ever buy because, really, I mean, how much more power does one need? Ever?
- Leo: ...I mean for ten years, what are we going to do with a more powerful computer? What is it that we need?
- Chris: The next version of StarCraft.
- Leo: Oh yeah. Haha. Well, that took ten years.
- Leo: And they're using these new silicone cables. Do you like the power cable on the... OOOOOOOH. That's sad when I'm fetishizing the electrical cable.
- Andy: He's into rubber. Okay.
- Leo: Hahahaha. Alright.
- Link URL and optional brief description
- ad times: 1:12-1:20 and 1:07:21-1:16:47
| Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost , Gail Stekeete (UNABRIDGED)|
Narrated by Joe Caron
- GoToMyPC.com Offer code macbreak
- G2MyPC #8
- ad times: 0:38-0:53 and 17:11-18:53
- Drobo #6
- ad times: 0:55-1:11 and 37:10-40:30
- Edited by: Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|