MacBreak Weekly 282
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guests: Alex Lindsay, Andy Ihnatko, Don McAllister
Recorded: January 17th, 2012
Published: January 17th, 2012
- 1 MacBreak Weekly 282:
- 1.1 Host
- 1.2 Guests
- 1.3 Topics
- 1.3.1 Apple Most Valuable Brand In The World
- 1.3.2 Tim Cook: Highest paid CEO at Apple?
- 1.3.3 Obama kills SOPA
- 1.3.4 Rumor: Apple to hold 'iPad 3' & iOS 5.1 event in early February
- 1.3.5 Producing Apple Products in USA
- 1.3.6 Apple Market Share
- 1.3.7 Apple Thursday Event
- 1.3.8 iPad 3 Retina Display Rumor
- 1.4 Tips & Picks
- 1.5 Plugs
- 2 Sponsors
- 3 Audible
- 4 Production Information
MacBreak Weekly 282:
SOPA protest tomorrow, big rumors, Apple announcement on Thursday, and much more…
- Alex Lindsay ( /Google+)
- Andy Ihnatko ( /Google+)
- Don McAllister ( /Google+)
Apple Most Valuable Brand In The World
Tim Cook: Highest paid CEO at Apple?
Obama kills SOPA
Rumor: Apple to hold 'iPad 3' & iOS 5.1 event in early February
Producing Apple Products in USA
Apple Thursday Event
- AI: Pages is already a really good eBook builder
- At the moment there is really not a good reason to go with the iBook store instead of Amazon's Kindle store.
- If they make it possible to embrace this technology they would have an edge for the iBook store.
- It would force Kindle to finally adapt the ePub standard.
- AL: A lot of schools have been very slow in making a decision in regards to choosing a technology.
- If ePub 3 is established it might be easier for schools to adapt the iPad as their main device for students in order to cover their requirements.
- We are building a school in Rwanda around the iPad, so we are hoping that something exciting is announced.
iPad 3 Retina Display Rumor
- LL: Do you agree that the Retina display is coming in the iPad 3?
- AL: I agree.
- AI: I agree.
- DM: I agree.
- LL: You're all wrong, because a Retina display would fragment the market too much, because developers would have to program for 3 different resolutions.
- LL: Coming in March?
- AL: March.
- AI: March.
- DM: March.
- LL: You are right...
- LL: What about 4G?
- DM: Doubt it.
- AI: Undecided.
- AL: LTE but not 4G.
- LL: You guys might be right. There is a chance for LTE and 4G in the iPad 3.
- Bloomberg says that LTE could come to the iPad before the iPhone because of the bigger battery.
- LL: Will we see an iPhone in June?
- DM: They have to bring something big for WWDC.
- AI: I think they have to wait. They might show it off in June but bring it out later.
- LL: Maybe September?
Tips & Picks
- DM: Tab and hold on the +-button in iOS Safari and you'll get a history of tabs.
- AI: CTRL+CMD+SHIFT+3 or CTRL+SHIFT+4 will put the picture into the clipboard
- CMD+SHIFT+4+SPACEBAR works only on the window.
Picks of the Week
- AL: *Scosche Fitrail, $49
- *Snapseed, photo editing iPhone app, $4.99
- AI: *Popa, camera Handle for the iPhone, £49.99
- DM: *Quick Cursor, Brings your favorite text editor to any app, $4.99
- FreshBooks.com Easy on-line invoicing. And, you can win a birthday cake every week (it doesn't have to be your birthday, just tell them that you heard about it on MacBreak)
- [http://www.ford.com/technology/ Ford Technology) Electric and hybrid technology
| The Elephant to Hollywood by Michael Caine (UNABRIDGED)|
Narrated by Michael Caine
- Edited by:
- Shows notes: Jean-Marie Schweizer (Bushgeek)
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|