MacBreak Weekly 298
Guests: Andy Ihnatko, Daryn Okada
Recorded: Mai 8, 2012
Published: Mai 8, 2012
- 1 MacBreak Weekly 298: FDR And The Coffe Mug
- 2 Topics
- 2.1 Security
- 2.2 Rumors
- 2.3 iPhone
- 2.3.1 Apple Seeks to Gain Control of iPhone5.com Domain
- 2.3.2 AT&T Chief Regrets Offering Unlimited Data for iPhone
- 2.3.3 After backlash, Sprint CEO to return $3.25M in salary tied to iPhone
- 2.3.4 T-Mobile to rollout iPhone-compatible 4G HSPA+ 1900 MHz network in ‘large number of markets’ by end of 2012
- 2.4 iPad
- 2.5 iOS
- 2.6 Miscellaneous
- 3 Tips & Picks
- 4 Sponsors
- 5 Production Information
MacBreak Weekly 298: FDR And The Coffe Mug
OS X Lion security hole, the new Apple HDTV (rumor), Steve Jobs as FDR, and much more...
OS X Lion passwords can be changed by any local user
Note that this story was originally reported by CNET in September 9, 2011. The blog post referenced by CNET referring to the original discovery of this vulnerability states that Apple fixed this vulnerability in OS X Lion 10.7.2 CVE-2011-3435 and CVE-2011-3436, see Apple's advisory for more info. Leo may have mistaken this old vulnerability for the recent FileVault vulnerability.
OS X plain text password flaw has been around for 3 months and counting
Everyone Has Been Hacked. Now What?
Our Source Has Seen The Apple HDTV, Here’s What It Looks Like
Apple $799 MacBook Air
Liquidmetal Inventor: Apple Will Use It In A 'Breakthrough Product'
Apple Seeks to Gain Control of iPhone5.com Domain
AT&T Chief Regrets Offering Unlimited Data for iPhone
After backlash, Sprint CEO to return $3.25M in salary tied to iPhone
T-Mobile to rollout iPhone-compatible 4G HSPA+ 1900 MHz network in ‘large number of markets’ by end of 2012
Study: Apple iPad Accounts for 94.64% of all Tablet Web Traffic
Buying an iPad 2? Here's the rarer, more efficient specimen you need to (somehow) track down
Apple says lack of multi-user support on iPad is a 'known issue,' 'being investigated'
- apple_says_lack_of_multi_user_support_on_ipad_is_a_known_issue_being_investigated.html http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/05/07/apple_says_lack_of_multi_user_support_on_ipad_is_a_known_issue_being_investigated.html
Apple's iOS 5.1.1 update for iPad, iPod touch and iPhone: fixes AirPlay and network bugs, jailbroken already
iOS 5.1.1 patches URL spoofing flaw, two other security vulnerabilities
Two months later, Apple acknowledges use of OpenStreetMap in iPhoto
Steve Jobs plays FDR in this old Mac sales video
Tips & Picks
- AI: Old documents are automatically locked against changes.
- There is a setting that will disable that
- Go the System Preferences/Timemachine
- There is a setting where you can choose the amount of time that should pass before a document is locked.
Picks of the Week
- LL: Ruby Motion, Unlock the power of Ruby for iOS, $199 ($149 early bird)
- DO: Asana Shared Task List for Teams, free up to 30 members
- AI: Jot Pro, iPad Stylus, $29.99
- The Verge review: * http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/10/2925937/best-stylus-ipad-review
- Carbonite (offer code: macbreak): online backup for Mac and PC
- Squarespace (offer code: macbreak 5): Content Management System including hosting
- Pond5 (offer code: twit25), The World's Stock Media Marketplace
- Edited by:
- Show notes: Jean-Marie Schweizer (Bushgeek)
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|