MacBreak Weekly 329
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guests: Rene Ritchie
Topic: Apple TV made in the USA? What's with the Mac Pro? Maybe you shouldn't use Apple Maps in Australia, and more.
Recorded: December 11, 2012
Published: December 11, 2012
MacBreak Weekly 329: To TV or not to TV
Apple TV made in the USA? What's with the Mac Pro? Maybe you shouldn't use Apple Maps in Australia, and more.
Tim Cook on the interview circuit
- Leo: First time in a while that Apple has made its CEO so readily available to the media
Tim Cook says Apple TV area of 'intense interest'
- Leo: Near term, likely just an improved box, rather than an actual television
- Rene: My cable box hasn't changed in the time I've gone from a Palm Treo to an iPhone 5
- Leo: Jean-Louis Gassée says it's unlikely Apple even wants to make a television
- Rene: To get around the longer service life of televisions, Apple could just make the cpu/internal hardware upgradable
RED announces REDRay 4k media player
Apple and Google team up for Kodak patent bid
Apple's 'Steve Jobs' iPhone patent preliminarily invalidated
Some details of HTC patent settlement with Apple revealed
iPhone 5S arriving earlier than next fall?
Tim Cook announces Mac line to be made in United States next year
Apple Maps leads users to dangerous conditions in Australia
- Rene: Apple doesn't just need to license more maps, it needs to scale up its human on-the-ground effort to get better data.
Half of App Store revenue goes to 25 companies
Office for iPad rumors ramp up again
Picks of the Week
- Andy's pick: Clone Camera for iOS by Peta Vision. $1.99
- App lets you take compose a single photo from multiple pictures, cloning objects
- Rene's pick: Twitterrific by the Iconfactory. On sale for $2.99
- It's "Star-Wars-blast-door-closing-fast"
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|