MacBreak Weekly 334
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Topic: Rumors about new Apple products in 2013, Apple's upcoming quarterly earnings report, and more.
Recorded: January 22, 2013
Published: January 22, 2013
MacBreak Weekly 334: Kobe Beef Bandwidth
Rumors about new Apple products in 2013, Apple's upcoming quarterly earnings report, and more.
- Leo Laporte ( /Google+)
- Alex Lindsay ( /Google+)
- Andy Ihnatko ( /Google+)
- Rene Ritchie ( /about.me)
Apple's quarterly earnings call tomorrow
- Leo: Is Apple on the upswing, downswing, or hovering?
- Rene: 3 out of every 5 smartphones Verizon sold were iPhones
- Alex: Apple's year-over-year growth is still very significant for a company Apple's size
Apple Lisa and Apple IIe are 30 years old
- Andy: Lisa was a classic example of Apple torpedoing its own product line to position itself better for the future
Apple removes 500px apps from App Store for nudity, raises issue of Apple's editorial practices
2013 Apple roadmap predictions and the pro market
- Leo: Predictions don't include a Mac Pro
- Alex: I think the Mac Pro won't be updated again
- Leo: Just got a call on the radio show from a pro frustrated with Final Cut X not having the needed features to upgrade
- Alex: Final Cut X opened up Final Cut to a much larger user base, at the expense of high-end pro features, and Apple's not going back
- Alex: Apple should just license unsupported versions of OS X for the minority that need to run powerful desktop hardware
Apple reportedly searching for writers to enhance Siri's personality
MacBreak Weekly now has a Google+ Community
Picks of the Week
- Andy's pick: RAM X-Grip.
- Well made, will hold pretty much any small tablet
- Lot of different mounts available
- Rene's pick: Napkin for Mac. $39.99.
- Easy way to mark-up and annotate images
- Alex's picks:
- Leo's pick: the new 27" iMac
- Much lighter, new CPU and Fusion Drive make it noticeably faster
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|