MacBreak Weekly 418
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Topic: FBI investigating alleged iCloud celebrity hack, Apple confirms that it's holding an event on September 9, an iWatch rumor roundup, veteran tech journalist Anand Shimpi heads to Apple, and more.
Recorded: September 2, 2014
Published: September 2, 2014
MacBreak Weekly 418: Why Don't My Fingers Fit?
FBI investigating alleged iCloud celebrity hack, Apple confirms that it's holding an event on September 9, an iWatch rumor roundup, veteran tech journalist Anand Shimpi heads to Apple, and more.
- Leo Laporte ( /Google+)
- Rene Ritchie ( /about.me)
- Andy Ihnatko ( /Google+)
- Jason Snell ( /Google+)
- Leo: We do not know how these images were 'hacked'
- All: If the hacker knew the email account and there was no 2nd factor authentication
- Rene: Turn off Camera Roll backup on iCloud
- Andy: Also check settings on Flicker, and other photo sharing sites
- Andy: Users should have a understanding (literacy) of how their tech devices work. Not necessarily be an expert, but understand
- Leo: Fake Taylor Swift tumbler has a great article
- Leo: Apple issued an advisory
- Jason: Two factor authentication includes an email with a code that must be entered (as well as email address and password)
- Leo: Tim Cook needs to apologize and demonstrate the tools Apple provides to prevent this from happening to people
- Leo: The invitation was beautiful but very cryptic "Wish we could say more."
- Jason: The Flint Center is the same place Steve unveiled the Mac and the iMac
- Leo: The Center alone is not large enough for the demonstration center - something is being built next to it right now
- Andy: This is Apples big opportunity to show off iOS 8 as well as new iPhone
- Jason: Look for and Apple payment system to be announced
iPhone Rumors roundup
- 2 sizes - Yes
- Saphire Glass? - Maybe
- Better speakers? - Maybe
- $400 - $1000? - overquoted so people are impressed with the actual (lower) price
- Sport, General Use, Elegant Styles?
- Sensors for fitness?
- Leo: Twit invited Annan before they realized he was going to Apple
- Leo: He could be a Pre-reviewer for Apple before products are released
- Rene: Samsung has done that for years
Picks of the Week
- Andy's pick: Tangled FX – Orange Qube (iOS) for $1.99
- iOS iPhoto app extension
- Jason's pick: Mailbox (Mac OSX) for free
- It allows you to tri-age your mail very quickly
- Rene's pick: Secure photo sharing apps for free
- iMore has assembled a list of several apps that allow you to keep your photo's secure
- Leo’s pick: iTunes Festival for free
- Just started yesterday (Sept 1) and runs through the end of the month
- BioShock (iOS) for $14.99
- Same FPS controls as usual, but the artwork and graphics transferred very well
- ITPro TV
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|