Maxwell's House 73
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: May 20, 2010
Published: May 22, 2010
1. Aviation in the news
- Announce that I am appearing on TWIP.
- Aviation Week…Aviation Leak…Classified projects.
- Where do runway numbers come from?
- Commercial flight numbers?
- What is de-icing fluid?
- Dow UCAR fluid…-28 C…water 0 C…-55 C
- Free fall…Do you hesitate to open since you don’t feel like you are falling? Automatic openers.
- Engine Sounds…Prop pitch changes…Prop sync.
- Flights from North America to Europe are faster than the return.
- My outlook on life…Pack as much into life as possible.
- Dead Reckoning
- Google search…Airplane navigation excel worksheet
- Forecast winds aloft
- E-6B analog calculator
- Looking out the window
- I learned to navigate in the Mid-West
- ADF (Automatic Direction Finder)
- Flying in a cross wind
- VOR (Visual Omni Range)
- How it works
- CDI (Course Deviation Indicator)
- VOT (Visual Omni Range Test)…within four degrees
- DME (Distance Measuring Equipment)
- Pulse timing
- ILS (Instrument Landing System)
- Left or right of center line…above or below the glide path.
- GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Timing of pulses from satellite
- Corrected for relativity
- Squarespace.com For 10% off use offer code "house"
- ad times: 00:21-00:32 and 28:51-30:59
- Edited by: Daniel
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|