From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guest: Kevin Rose
Recorded: January 4, 2011
Published: January 5, 2011
Net@night 183: Kevin Rose and Foundation
Quora growing, Firefox #1 in Europe, value of Facebook, Kevin Rose's Foundation, and more.
- Firefox Ousts IE as Number 1 Browser in Europe
- Firefox has overtaken Internet Explorer to become the number one browser in Europe, reports analytics company StatCounter. According to December figures, Firefox had 38.11% of the European market share, compare to IE's 37.52%.
- Is Facebook worth $50B?
- Goldman Sachs and Digital Sky Technology invest $500 million in Facebook, set valuation at $50 billion. Even with the social network on track to serve 1 trillion display ads per year, it’s still a surprising valuation. Just a month ago, SecondMarket set its valuation of Facebook at around $41 billion.
Picks of the Week
- Site of the Night
- Mykea Customize your boring Ikea furniture, online community and more
- Video of the Week
- United State of Pop 2010 Top 25 Billboard Hits by DJ EarWorm
- Companies & Services
- Foundation, Home Alone, Superman, The Telegraph, Tricaster 850, 5D Mark II, Diggnation, Jambox, Thebroken, The Screen Savers, Windows, New York Times, Business Week, Pownce
- Kevin Rose, Jack Dorsey, Robert Scobel, Matthew Ingram, Dave Morin, Dangelo, other guy, Mark Zuckerburg, Neil Young, Kevin Systrom, Steve Case, Jimmy Wales, Philip Kaplan, Paul Block, David Prager, Charlie Rose, Steve Jobs, Mark Pinkus,
- ad times: 1:00-1:08 and 38:10-41:02
- sync 10
- ad times: :48-1:00 and 15:31-18:03
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|