From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guest: Leah Culver, founder of Convore
Recorded: March 1, 2011
Published: March 1, 2011
- James Franco tweeting
- Justin Timberlake mentioning apps
- Auto-tune the News "performance"
- Hipmunk adds hotel search to flight service
- Up until now, if you’ve heard of Hipmunk, it has been as the “easy flight search service”. But today they’re adding another layer to their business. It’s an obvious one, but a big one: hotel search.
- Lanyrd's Guide to SXSW
- Find SXSWi sessions your contacts are going to, they'll also email you coverage from sessions you missed.
Picks of the Week
SITE OF THE NIGHT
VIDEO OF THE WEEK
- Israeli Journalist auto-tunes Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's recent speech (almost 2M views)
- Journalist Alooshe spent a few hours using Auto-Tune to set the speech to the music of “Hey Baby,” a 2010 electro hip-hop song by American rapper Pitbull, featuring another artist, T-Pain. He titled it “Zenga-Zenga,” echoing Col. Qaddafi’s repetition of the word zanqa, Arabic for alleyway. In the early hours of Wednesday morning Mr. Alooshe had uploaded the remix to YouTube, and began sending the link to the pages of young Arab revolutionaries. By Sunday, the original clip had more than 400,000 hits and had gone viral.
- Link URL and optional brief description
- ad times: 0:58-1:06 and 22:39-26:05
- SqSp 3
- ad times: 0:47-0:57 and 45:26-47:24
- Edited by: Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|