PC Perspective 9
From The Official TWiT Wiki
|Hosts: Leo Laporte and Ryan Shrout|
Topic: GeForce GTX 285, NVIDIA Ion Platform, Phenom II X4 940 CPU
- GeForce GTX 285 Released today
- New fastest single GPU graphics card
- NVIDIA Ion Platform
- Benchmarks and short video and images
- NV 3D Vision video review online – tested it at best buy
- People seemed to think $199 wasn’t too bad – didn’t really bring in the cost of new monitor/TV into it===
- Complaints by some of NVIDIA abandoning older 3d solutions
- Hacked driver for use on 60 Hz monitors?
- Phenom II X4 940 CPU Reviewed
- Compare to Phenom 9950, Core 2 Q9550
- Overclocking: 3.0 GHz stock to 3.5 GHz no voltage changes, 3.8 GHz at 1.45v
- The Phenom II X4 940 will likely be a short lived part at the apex of AMD’s product line, as we expect to see AM3 based processors hitting the market within the next two months. These will feature DDR-3 support as well as the slightly faster HT/memory controller speed. The 940 runs its HT/memory/L3 at 1.8 GHz and the AM3 parts are expected to run at 2.0 to 2.2 GHz. This should give a small performance boost to those AM3 parts, as well as the extra bandwidth that DDR-3 1333 memory provides. For users that do own a current AM2+ board, the Phenom II will be a drop in replacement, and the ability to reach 3.4 to 3.5 GHz with relative ease will persuade some users to stick with AM2+ a little longer.
- CES Coverage
- Contest winner of ASUS 4870 TOP graphics card: Kris (Xnor email address)
- New contest! This week: Diamond sound card!
- Palm Pre questions?
- Missed point: converting current web-based apps to Palm Pre is easy.
- No games? FLASH
- Jaiku now open source?
- Answer to your problems maybe?