Security Now 201
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: June 17, 2009
Published: June 18, 2009
Security Now 201: SecureZip
News & Errata
08:55 - 11:40
- Apple has patched the Java vulnerability
12:00 - 24:25 David Brant (Unknown)
- An old PC bluescreen'ed and Spinrite was ran at level 4. The PC booted fine but told him that his license was already in use and he only had the option to purchase a new one. So he formatted the disk for use in a Mac as a document disk and it works fine.
- An old TIVO was running slowly so he put it in a PC and Spinrite told him that drive failure was imminent. He ran Spinrite anyway and then put it back in the TIVO. The TIVO ran fine afterwards.
28:14 - 48:00
- There is a free version called SecureZip express, however it is only free for non-commercial use.
- For an individual, the license costs $39.95 this includes integration with Microsoft office
- It automatically generates you a certificate and installs the program
- It can use public key technology to ensure that only the intended recipient can decrypt the archive
- You can sign archives or individual files
- You can also protected archives with passphrases
- You can apply multiple digital certificates so multiple people can open it
- SecureZip Express Info page: Link
- Spam-free download page: Link
- Comodo Free Personal Certificate: Link
- Ad Time: 0:33-0:44 and 5:45-8:51
- Go To My PC
- Ad Time: 0:45-1:00 and 24:28-28:13
- Recorded Date: June 17, 2009
- Release Date: June 18, 2009
- Duration: 49:22
- Log line: The operation, features, and security of PKWARE’s FREE SecureZIP file archiving and encrypting utility.
- Edited by: Tony
- Notes: Steve's audio was not recorded in the first 3 minutes. Used the back up. Between: 1:35-4:23
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|