Guests: Cory Doctorow, Ryan Block, Robert Heron, and Gina Trapani
Recorded: February 22, 2009
Published: February 23, 2009
This Week In Tech 183: Pirates' Circus
- Leo Laporte
- Cory Doctorow
- Ryan Block
- Robert Heron
- Gina Trapani
- Gina's Todo.txt bash script
- New Zealand copyright blackout.
- Using the idea of "keeping the Internet free of child pornography" as a ruse for censorship.
- The Digital TV conversion
- Watching TV online
- Pirate Bay trial
"The TV we’re not watching is nowhere near as good as the books we’re not reading, the website we’re not looking at, the 3-minute youtube highlights of the TV we’re not watching, the games we’re not playing.” Cory Doctorow (at 48:40).
"They are an emergent phenomenon of beer and Swedes." In reference to the Pirate Bay. Cory Doctorow (at ~58:00).
- Git distributed revision control software.
No Audible Ad this week
- GoToMyPC URL
- AdTime: 0:38-0:55 and 30:47-33:18
The Ultimate Gaming Machine contest has one week to go. E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the top ten reasons that you should win the UGM, either in text, audio, or video, along with your name, phone number, and address. Personal information will not be shared and will only be used to contact the winner. Leo reminded the listeners that video can be sent as a link instead of an attachment.
- Recorded Date: February 22, 2009
- Release Date: February 23, 2009
- Duration: 1:23:35
- Log line:
- Edited by: Tony
- Notes: Inserted the Gotomypc ad after recording.
- removed two swear words at 44:38 and 45:20
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|