Talk:How to Watch and Listen to TWiT
I'd like to add this review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xoZ6MfKS28) to the TWiT.am iPhone app block but don't know how to modify this page. Could someone please assist? Thanks Danegolden 01:05, 23 April 2009 (PDT)
- 1 RSS feeds for video
- 2 ODTV emergency access
- 3 RSS and iTunes links for Abby's Road
- 4 TWiT OGG Feed has been discontinued
- 5 Twit on Xbox 360
- 6 Twit on Xbox One
- 7 uStream.tv Viewer Beta for Android - Please add to the grid for me/us; I don't want to mess it up!
- 8 TWiT Live for Android
- 9 AAC, OGG, Dialup
- 10 Vandalism and page protection
- 11 Editing blocked for this page...
- 12 Apps page link at the top
RSS feeds for video
ODTV has quit posting recorded video of the live TWIT stream during the show because TWIT has entered into an agreement to have the video distributed via other means. (See http://odtv.me/2009/12/update/ for more details) I see there are links to download the video on twit.tv, but there's not RSS feed for them. Can someone respond to this? Thanks! --Podious 13:06, 17 December 2009 (PST)
- TWiT hasn't created the RSS feeds yet for the video's, they are only posting the videos on the main site. I believe they will be coming soon though, it just takes some time to get it the logistics sorted out. I plan on re-doing this page when they do get the feeds out as some of the other things can be removed as well. sharp65 13:20, 17 December 2009 (PST)
- Any update on the RSS feeds for the video? --Podious 10:10, 15 January 2010 (PST)
- OK, seriously - can someone give an update? I would very much like to get a video feed back! --Podious 06:30, 25 March 2010 (PDT)
- The feed URLs for the 5 shows that are on iTunes are on there. Scroll down to the bottom section. There are two shows that are also being uploaded to youtube but don't have feeds yet. The remaining shows are still coming, last I heard they wanted to get a show out a week but were having some issues with one of them. sharp65 07:48, 25 March 2010 (PDT)
ODTV emergency access
The ODTV issue at site5.com has been resolved by moving to a new server at mediatemple. If you reach an "access denied" page it is likely that this is a DNS propagation problem, which should resolve itself within a day. Jeh 13:15, 30 July 2009 (PDT)
- I updated the links for abbys road and entered TWiG as well sharp65 06:43, 3 August 2009 (PDT)
TWiT OGG Feed has been discontinued
I was going to remove the link to the OGG feed for TWiT but was unable to. --johngrinde 20:55 -0400, 21 September 2009
Twit on Xbox 360
Now that Xbox has Apps you can watch the Twit channel via the YouTube app. Or you can create a custom playlist by tagging shows on your computer then viewing them on your Xbox. 1-15-12
Does anyone know whether the shows will be available to stream on Xbox 360? I thought I heard mention of that on a Windows Weekly show, but nothing since. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:11, 6 December 2009
- At the moment, I don't think TWiT will be on the XBOX360. --Technical08 08:39, 8 December 2009 (PST)
- A year later and still no way to get TWiT on the 360? Vahnx 22:32, 19 January 2011 (PST)
Twit on Xbox One
- On your Windows 8 desktop, laptop, or tablet, start Modern Internet Explorer (Metro IE).
- Go to http://twit.tv and start playing the show of your choice.
- Go to the 'Devices' charm > Play and chose your 'Xbox One'.
That's it! The Twit show will now play on your big screen through the Xbox One. The 'Devices > Play' charm is Microsoft's 'Play To' technology, the equivalent of Apple's AirPlay.
If you don't see your Xbox One, go to 'Devices and Printers' > Add Device - and add your Xbox One; your Xbox One and your Windows 8 device must be on the same network. For more troubleshooting tips, see: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4274/t/1628899.aspx
I believe there's also a way to use 'Play To' from Windows 7.
- Can't you just load up http://live.twit.tv/ in IE on the Xbox? Seems like that would be easier since it doesn't require another device. --PDelahanty (talk) 11:40, 21 April 2014 (PDT)
Additionally, you can view the Live stream by launching the YouTube app. Launch the YouTube app and search for "Twit live".
uStream.tv Viewer Beta for Android - Please add to the grid for me/us; I don't want to mess it up!
uStream.tv Viewer Beta for Android in Android Market as of December, 11, 2009
- Search "Twit"; show title viewable is "TWiT Live iPhone Stream" (Any show searched that is LIVE should also show up from the search)
- In future: additional ability to chat live in-line while viewing (after flash implementation added via Adobe 10.1)
--clcradiogm 01:07, 14 December 2009 (PST)
TWiT Live for Android
Great app available on Android. Provides live video and audio streams.
- Android Market link:[ https://market.android.com/details?id=air.com.crosbymichael.TwitLive&feature=also_installed]
--[ppratik96] 01:13, 20 August 2011 (CST)
AAC, OGG, Dialup
Should these columns still be here? TWiT doesn't provide a version of any show for these specific versions. I was just thinking about when the two video columns and video RSS feed column is added it will be very busy. SN has a dialup quality provided by Steve, but that could be mentioned on the SN page. Thoughts on this? sharp65 18:01, 18 February 2010 (PST)
Vandalism and page protection
This page has been badly vandalized several times over the last few days, just thought i'd stick this here in case you've missed it. - harpertown from irc 126.96.36.199 00:18, 7 March 2010 (PST)
- I have protected this page as it is getting frequently vandalized. If anything needs adding or changing on this page, make a note on this talk page. --Technical08 02:36, 7 March 2010 (PST)
Editing blocked for this page...
- Looks like it was protected a few years back due to vandalism. I'll unprotect it now and cross my fingers. --PDelahanty (talk) 11:12, 18 November 2013 (PST)
App page link need to be changed to https://twit.tv/app