The Official TWiT Wiki talk:TWiT Bulletin Board
Are we putting together a Game On page or are we waiting until it gets out of beta?
- I usually wait until right around when the show is launching so there is more info to add to the page, but feel free to start it earlier if you like. sharp65 19:42, 14 November 2011 (PST)
TWiRT Show Notes Preload
- Will someone please set up the TWiRT show notes template (preload)? There is something seriously wrong with it, and you cant create show notes properly.
- This should be fixed now, the show wasn't fully setup because it wasn't an official podcast. sharp65 10:58, 9 June 2011 (PDT)
Being A Guest on TWiT.tv
- I started a page for Dane's request about a guide for guests on TWiT at Being A Guest On TWiT.tv. I'm sure there's a lot of information about this process that the community isn't aware of, but I think it should include things like how to get in touch with Leo to exchange contact info, setting up Skype and making sure your sound quality is good prior to the interview, etc. --Steveh 17:20, 10 February 2009 (PST)
Fix the twil feed pretty please
- Apparently this works now (). Don't remove sections, please. Just say that it's fixed. -- Imperator3733 (talk | contribs | sysop | Logs: • • • ) 08:40, 31 March 2009 (PDT)
Goodbye and thanks
Leo - I would like to say say thankyou and goodbye. I have listened to several of your podcasts over the years and found them interesting and entertaining however lately I find myself getting more and more annoyed with the content and turning them off early. It came to a head on the Super Bowl TWit when Jason went off on a Christopher Walken impression. It is funny for about 15 seconds (for me anyway) but it was certainly annoying added nothing to the discussion that I turned on to hear. Jason has some really insightful and interesting things to say but he is increasingly becoming more self-absorbed and interesting stuff is rarer and rarer. It continued with celebrity guests who may be technically knowledgable but the show seems to turn into a vanity cast when they are on. And, like many apparently, I find the endless Twitter discussions get to be quite tedious. You understand your business and if this is helping to increase it, more power to you. You work hard and it should be rewarded. Having said that, I find it no longer meets my wants or needs so I will be moving on.
Thanks for all the great podcasts and I wish you nothing but the best in the future.
Bad Links Section
So, it has come to my attention that there are some bad links in and around twitland...
On the live.twit.tv page the TWiT Live Desktop 2.0 link links to http://leoville.com/2009/04/15/22025 which goes to a leoville not found page It should link to the SEF page @ http://leoville.com/twit-live-desktop-20
There is also the Older and Antiquated TWiT Tv for Windows 1.10 link.. I can't seem to find a page on Leoville that references that
Cont'd ... The http://info.bitgravity.com/leolaporte link on live.twit.tv doesn't go anywhere aka. 404
Also TWiT Conversations Link on live.twit.tv does direct to the right place but it is the wrong link http://beta.friendfeed.com/twit-conversations still the beta link .. Friendfeed is no longer beta
- Thanks for pointing these out Fccf. I think this is because Leo switched Leoville to Squarespace and this caused the pages to be named differently. Please continue to post broken links and I'll point Leo to this page. -- Imperator3733 (talk | contribs | sysop | Logs: • • • ) 16:02, 19 June 2009 (PDT)
Episode Number Needed
- Does anyone else remember a conversation on one of the TWIT podcasts where one of Leo’s great women guests talked about how Facebook reinforces poor security habits? She said Facebook encourages clicking on links and friending strangers among other things. Which episode was this? I was up on a ladder trimming a holly tree when I heard it and forgot to look at my iPhone. I work for a grant funded project to teach k12 teachers and students about internet security. And I would love to play this clip at the free professional development sessions we offer for teachers.*Istc 11:03, 18 June 2010 (PDT)C3 teacher
Poor audio quality for TWiT Live Special with Steve Wozniak
I downloaded the TWiT live special 41 and found the audio quality sounds poor. It sounds a little tinny. Can someone check this out?
Taking Show Notes
Does anyone know how to add show notes to empty pages like this one Episode 270.
Just a bit confused. Wanted to help out with the TWiT network, but it seems very difficult.
I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas.
- There should be a "Create" tab/link if you have the appropriate permissions. --Ouroboros (talk) 08:35, 26 July 2012 (PDT)
I know that Colin used to give access to the Wiki, but since he's no longer at TWiT, who do we ask for access?
Zach just go here and fill out the form. Thanks for wanting to help with the wiki.