The Social Hour 11
Recorded: June 6, 2011
Published: June 7, 2011
The Social Hour 11: Oyster.com
Amber & Sarah chat with Oyster.com CEO Elie Seidman, WWDC reveals social features in iOS 5, Hidden app to track thieves, Regretsy sides with Urban Outfitters, and more!
- WWDC social announcements!
- iMessage (replaces texting, for iOS users only, works more like group chat apps)
- pretty heavy Twitter integration
- new notification system for lots of networks, etc
CREEPY STORY OF THE WEEK
- Guy rips off another guy's Macbook, but was being tracked - police ended up apprehending him!
UPDATE ON ETSY/URBAN OUTFITTERS
- Humor Etsy blog Regretsy.com posts that artist who claims UO stole her design isn't the first artist to make it up, UO cites her in their official response to scandal
"Sarah and Amber,
My question is regarding Twitter. None of my friends use the service and I only have a couple of followers - because I follow them. If I tweet something, who sees it? Only my followers and then into the ether? How do you reach people?
Thanks and keep up the good work!
Kathy Grant "
"Listening to your discussion about klout and wanted to let you know how I view it. For me, it's not about reputation and comparison. I use it as an indicator to see if I'm using twitter in the "right" way and using it effectively.
I like to see the people that I'm influencing and who I'm influenced by. I think it does a good job of telling me how much I'm engaged as well as how much people are engaged with me. I'm very interested in being a useful member in the social society and want to talk about and share things that are beneficial to my social network. I think klout helps show me how I'm doing at that.
What do you both think about this? Are there other services that do might be better at this than klout?
Thanks, Vaughn" http://klout.com
RAD OR FAD?
- ad times: :32 - :47 and 21:36 - 24:57
- Netflix 1
- ad times: :55 - 1:09 and 40:03 - 43:32
- ad times: :47 - :55 and 52:39 - 56:25
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|