The Social Hour 12
Guest: Kate Russell
Recorded: June 13, 2011
Published: June 13, 2011
The Social Hour 12: BBC Click Website Diva Kate Russell!
BBC Website Diva Kate Russell joins Amber & Sarah, Facebook's curious user number drops, Rapportive for Gmail, what the average Twitter looks like, & peek into the pub with SceneTap!
- Kate Russell ( ), BBC Click's Website Diva, Tech Reporter
- Following your discussion of what might be the split of people who have left (or are considering leaving) Facebook, here is a survey of 1300 adults in the UK (June 2011). I note that this study does not cover the 13-18 year olds. It was produced by One Poll
- Rapportive for Gmail
- very similar to Xobni, more instant connections to online profiles
- you can use one or the other, but not both at once. they each replace Google ads on right rail
- Rapportive seems to load faster for Sarah when toggling back and forth
- Rapportive plugins for Firefox, Safari and Mailplane
Just watched episode 11 of the Social Hour and you did the Rad or Fad segment for video glasses. I thought a cool place to use them would be at live concerts! Especially if they have small condenser mics in them.
Brian Burgess BYTE Executive Editor http://byte.com/
- @zuDfunck on Twitter posted a neat infographic on Twitter from Mediabistro's All Twitter blog stats:
- typical Twitter user is a 20-something hispanic female
- most popular reason for using Twitter is to keep in touch with friends
- 72% of people use Twitter to post personal updates
- 24% check Twitter several times each day
- Of the millions of tweets created every day, some 71% produce no reaction (replies or retweets)
- 0.05% of Twitter’s total population – that is, the 20,000 or so Twitter ‘elites’ (celebrities, news outlets, brands etc) – receive 50% of all the attention
- 72% of the top US companies have a Twitter account
RAD OR FAD?
- Scenetap - Streaming video from the barfront
- ad times: :49 - 1:05 and 23:22 - 26:07
- ad times: 1:05 - 1:15 and 38:38 - 42:54
- Netflix -1
- ad times: 1:15 - 1:29 and 49:19 - 51:54
- Edited by: Jason
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|