The Social Hour 18
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: July 25, 2011
Published: July 25, 2011
The Social Hour 18: New Set & Facebook's Secret iPad App!
Amber & Sarah kick off their 1st show in TWiT's new studio with Beiber on Instagram, Facebook's hidden iPad app, Visual.ly, Sonar, & much more!
- Google+ reaches 20M
- 5 million U.S. users, next biggest audience for Google+ is in India, at almost 3 million
- Austin, Texas, ranks highest in the U.S. for Google+ penetration. NY is the biggest market, but on a per capita basis it doesn't make top city index. Hitwise recently broke down of Google+’s U.S. market share- NY, LA, SF driving most traffic to G+
- Suspensions for not using "first/last" names on the rise
- Facebook's secret iPad app is in iPhone app
- iPhone update 3.4.4 included new code, ability to use if iPad is jailbroken
- seems to be missing gaming (big part of the FB experience)
- Justin Beiber tweets a pic from Instagram, service explodes
- He's getting 50 new followers/min (thx to his 11M Twitter followers)
- direct link to Instagram pic
ON OUR RADAR
- aka Scott Stratten from Toronto, author, speaker
- commented in a recent tweet that automating tweets to "keep the conversation going" is the wrong idea
- Sonar uncovers the hidden connections you miss everyday, in real time, in the palm of your hand
- Like infographics and data visualizations? Visual.ly is the world's largest community of dataviz and infographics. Come explore, share and create.
- got an email from the team at Visual.ly that they're now live!
- make your own infographic with visual.ly/twitter
RAD OR FAD?
- ad times: :33 - :48 and 19:05 - 21:52
- ad times: :48 - 1:04 and 36:11 - 38:58
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|