The Social Hour 23
Recorded: August 29, 2011
Published: August 29, 2011
The Social Hour 23: Buffer's Joel Gascoigne & Leo Widdrich, Jig, Simplyhired, CityPockets
Amber & Sarah chat with the founders of Buffer on scheduling our social lives, Jig.com to fill your needs, SimplyHired.com to make LinkedIn a job-finding machine, Talkoclock.com is Chatroulette for waking up, & more!
- Joel Gascoigne ( ) & Leo Widdrich ( )
- 50% of Americans use social networking websites (PEW), first time ever we've reached half of population
- SimplyHired - Who do I know? (LinkedIn sign-in to help you find contacts at potential employers)
"I will be launching my real estate career in a couple months and have a couple questions and I thought you ladies might have some good insight.
- Does social media have a place in all industries or is it just a major brand (i.e. @starbucks, @comcastcares, @Spotify, etc.)
- What blogging sites are most mobile friendly?
- Lastly, my twitter name is my full name spelled backward Trebbatleahcim (Michael Tabbert). Should I change that to something catchier?
Love the show, keep up the great work!!
Thanks, Michael Houston, TX"
PR person working with a company called CityPockets emailed us to have the CEO on our show. Pretty cool service for coupon fanatics.
"Hey I have a new question in light of the "Starbucks 'Pick of the Week' coming to apps" thing. Any idea how an app gets picked? I, of course, would love to get my app picked down the road.
Love the show!
RAD OR FAD?
VID OF THE WEEK
- ad times: :33 - :48 and 19:51 - 23:00
- Netflix.com/twit for your free 30 day trial
- ad times: :48 - 1:03 and 51:57 - 54:51
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|