The Social Hour 29
Recorded: October 10, 2011
Published: October 10, 2011
The Social Hour 29: "Connected" Filmmaker Tiffany Shlain
Amber & Sarah speak with filmmaker Tiffany Shlain about her new documentary "Connected", recordsetter.com, Dalai Lama takes on Google+, tips & tricks, Airtime's the new Chatroulette, & more!
- Click the black bar at top of Google+ screen to jump up to top of stream, use "j" to scroll past long threads
- Kathy Grant sent along this article from the St. Petersburg Times:
THE PHONE IS SMART, AND THE THIEF IS NOT
The investigation into the theft of a woman's iPhone in McDonough, Ga., got a major break when they got a photo of the man who is now the prime suspect.
They got that photo when it was posted to the victim's Facebook page. 'The suspect apparently took a picture of himself on the victim's phone, and due to her settings, it automatically uploaded to her Facebook page,' Henry County police Maj. Jason Bolton told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution . 'It's just real exciting to have a picture that the quality is this good.' He thinks the photo will make it easy to find the suspect. Another satisfied Apple customer.
RAD OR FAD?
- Airtime: Napster's co-founders Sean Parker & Shawn Fanning working on a new "Chatroulette" experience to "smash people together"
- Graeme sent us this video from F8 - a company called Obscura Digital recreating physical Facebook connections:
- YouTube Cover Faceoff - Adele's 'Someone Like You' - 10 videos, but this is the best -- Youcef Preston
- ad times: :33 - :47 and 22:48 - 24:42
- ad times: :47 - 1:02 and 48:52 - 52:05
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|