The Social Hour 31
Recorded: October 24, 2011
Published: October 24, 2011
The Social Hour 31: Larry Page rules Google+, geeky Halloween costumes, Fitocracy!
Amber & Sarah check in on Google+ top users, socially-inspired Halloween costumes, Steve Jobs biography madness, Rawporter, & more!
- Google links Music Store, Social Networking
- Google music download store will integrate with Google+ and could launch it within the next two weeks, according to sources
- G Music users could recommend songs in an online library to Google+ contacts, who in turn would be allowed to listen to those songs once for free. The songs would then be available for sale as MP3 downloads, probably for around the usual 99 cents each
- Mobile social network app audience grows 126% in past year
- Your weather is now social: http://www.weather.com/social
- Get "If This, Then That" to program your Internet habits
- A Fitocracy user emailed us:
Hey Amber and Sarah, I just started using a new social site and didn't recall it mentioned on the Social Hour yet, but I had not heard of it till the other day. It's called fitocracy and it's in beta right now. It's a social game you can use to to track your fitness activities, earn achievements, beat quests, and compete against your friends. Basically they make your workouts and activities into a game like FourSquare makes going places a game. I have some invites for you (Leo might like this as well unless he has given up on losing weight)
RAD OR FAD?
- Griffin launches colourful stylus "pens" to keep your fingers warm on your fave touchscreen smartphone or tablet (and to draw cute stuff too!)
- ad times: :33 - :47 and 58:11 - 1:00:17
- ad times: :47 - 1:02 and 27:01 - 29:19
- Edited by: Jeff
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|