The TWiT Army Canteen
What is it?
The TWiT Army Canteen is a Twitter style microblogging platform based on the Laconica open source software. With membership nearing 3000 members it is a great communication tool for the TWiT Community.
What makes it so useful?
Discussions can happen instantly like a chat or over a period of time like email, making it a well rounded tool for keeping in touch with friends in the army.
How do I get started?
The TWiT Army Canteen can be accessed through multiple means.
Commonly Used Methods
- XMPP (jabber)
- Twhirl (Adobe Air Desktop Application)
- LaTwit (iPhone Application)
- TWiT Army Canteen Webpage (Web Application)
- TWiT Army Ubiquity Script (Firefox Extension)
- Spaz (Adobe Air Desktop Application)
Coding of theme: mongo
Hand Painted TWiT Helmet: beonarri
Bug tester and design consultant: trumcgowan
Bug tester and morale: beltane
Graphics and design: thefrogman
Software updates, server admin: Bear