This WEEK in Google
Hosts: Leo Laporte
Topic: Google and cloud computing
Debut: August 1, 2009
Recorded: Wed 1:00pm Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~60 minutes
Set: The Round Table
This Week in Google is a weekly show hosted by Leo Laporte and Jeff Jarvis covering Google and cloud computing. This WEEK in GOOGLE premiered on August 1, 2009 with Episode 1, In Beta. The show currently airs live on Wednesday at 1:00pm PT/4:00pm ET with the on demand download available within 24hrs.
The idea for TWiG came from TWiT's President and Executive Producer, Dane Golden, who had talked to Leo Laporte saying that TWiT had a Mac/Apple show, MacBreak Weekly, and a Windows/Microsoft show, Windows Weekly, but not a show about Google and the cloud. Google has a OS called Chrome and also Google plays a key part in the Internet today with search, email, calendar, an RSS reader and more. With that, cloud computing in general is becoming more and more popular and on August 1, 2009, TWiG premiered with Leo Laporte, Gina Trapani and Jeff Jarvis.
Gina Trapani left the show on January 7, 2015 in order to focus more time on other projects.
- The Google Change Log
- Gina's Tip of the Week
- Jeff's Stat of the Week (aka Jeff's Number of the Week)
- Leo's Tool of the Week
A complete guide to Gina's Tip, Jeff's Stat, and Leo's Tool can be found at This WEEK in Google Picks
- The listener feedback line is 97-95 TWIG VM (+1 (979) 589-4486)
- Google+ Community
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 169 – Let's Get Fiscal – New Chromebook, Google's upcoming announcement, iPad mini announcement, and more.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 159 – Call Me Ariannna – Is possible to make a better twitter?, Google+ custom URL's, pirate penalty, and more.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 158 – Forking the Meatball – The Mat Honan hack, Olympics, autonomous cars, Curiosity on Mars, and more.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 157 – The HasselHoff of Germany – Funding halted for G+, Microsoft Outlook release, Kansas City gets fiber, and more.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 156 – Bang the Duck Slowly – Twitter TV, Google+ hangout shows, Android expert, and more.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 155 – To the Cat Cave – New Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, the Nexus 7 ships, the internet defense league, and more.
More episodes can be viewed and downloaded here
Below are detailed show notes for released episodes. These are updated as soon as possible as time allows and/or as much community effort is put into them.
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 239 – He Pinched My Pixel
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 174 – Reggae Jeff
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 169 – Let's Get Fiscal
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 159 – Call Me Ariannna
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 158 – Forking the Meatball
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 157 – The Hasselhoff of Germany
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 156 – Bang the Duck Slowly
- This WEEK in GOOGLE 155 – To the Cat Cave
Additional show notes for This Week in Google can be found here.
The theme for This Week in Google can be downloaded from here.
- Official Site
- TWiG Google+ Community
- Story Links on Delicious
- To suggest a link for the show, tag it on Delicious.com as "for:twit" AND "twig". Find the links here: http://delicious.com/twit/twig