This WEEK in GOOGLE 120
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: November 9, 2011
Published: November 10, 2011
This WEEK in GOOGLE 120: Princess of The Nerds
- Leo Laporte ( • )
- Gina Trapani ( • )
- Jeff Jarvis ( • )
- Siri and search
- Leo was at Pub Con and gave a key note
- He spoke about the future of Google and said they are in trouble, referring to the Mike Elgin article which states that that Siri is a threat for search: Here Comes Apple’s Real Thermonuclear War Against Google
- Two Schools of Thought: The Key Difference Between Apple and Google
- Google+ brand pages and verification
- There a two TWiT pages on Google+: a fake one and the official one.
- Google+ brand pages behave the same way as Google+ people pages. The panel hoped Google would think about how people want to interact with brands. Jeff thinks it should be more like Doc Searl's Vendor Relationship Management.
- According to the chat room you can use a meta tag on your website to verify your Google+ brand page. Mashable has an article about this
- Google gave up the + sign as a search operator and instead uses it in Google + as Google Direct Connect
- New algorithm to make Google search more timely
- The Charlie Rose interview with Mark Zuckerberg
- Bradley Horowitz reacts to Mark's comment that Google is building a little Facebook: Google+ head responds to Zuckerberg: “We’re delighted to be underestimated”
- Mark Zuckerberg thinks Facebook will hit a billion users by the end of 2012 if al goes well. Mainly thanks to China.
- Adobe has decided to longer support Flash in the mobile environment
- Fire & Nook tablet coming out
- Eric Schmidt reacting to the Steve Jobs book
- There is an online Chipotle nutrition calculator
"We Do A Little Thing At The End"
- Gina's tip of the week:
- Google Calendar now autosuggests event times
- Jeff's number of the week:
- Leo's tool of the week:
To suggest a link for the show, tag it on Delicious.com as "for:twit" AND "twig". Find the links here: http://delicious.com/twit/twig
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|