This WEEK in GOOGLE 14
Recorded: October 31, 2009
Published: October 31, 2009
This WEEK in GOOGLE 14: Nut Graphs, Gadgets, And Bots
Eric Schmidt predicts the web's next five years, a Google Maps mystery, and Gina makes a big announcement.
- Leo Laporte ( • )
- Gina Trapani ( • )
- Jeff Jarvis ( • )
- The Google Story
- Google's Halloween logo (Only on Halloween)
- In Hulu, ads for Google Chrome (From the IRC Chat)
- Leo gets 3 Google Voice invites to give out.
- Use Google Voice with your existing number
- New Android phones. Most noticeable; the Motorola Droid. Also a new HTC phone. Leo has ordered a Nokia N900
- Leo questions what the Android Market looks like on Android 2.0, Eclair. Has it improved?
- Google Wave gets it own App store
- Google Wave Federation to be opened up very, very soon.
- The race for the first Google Wave iPhone app
- Gina writing a new book called The Complete Guide to Google Wave. 8 chapters have been written and are online now. Gina is working with Adam Pash from Lifehacker on the book. More information on the site at completewaveguide.com.
- Google puts an Easter egg for Halloween
- Mystery of Argleton, the 'Google' town that only exists online
- Google's Eric Schmidt on What the Web Will Look Like in 5 Years
- CNET river
"We Do A Little Thing At The End"
- Gina's tip of the week:
- Jeff's stat of the week:
- Leo's tool of the week:
- Find music faster and easier using Google. (U.S. only)
Wish List (What the panelists wish Google would do)
No wish list this week.
To suggest a link for the show, tag it on Delicious.com as "for:twit" AND "twig". Find the links here: http://delicious.com/twit/twig
ad times: 00:00:36-00:00:49; and 00:25:16-00:26:50
- Edited by: Erik
- Notes: Censored profanity at 00:52:23;02
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|