This WEEK in LAW 184
From The Official TWiT Wiki
|Hosts: Denise Howell and Evan Brown|
Guests: Joseph Lorenzo Hall and Jerry Brito
Recorded: October 19, 2012
Published: October 19, 2012
This Week In Law 184: Weaponized Mice
Aereo copyright issues, privacy and policy leading up to the US election, and more.
- Denise Howell
- Evan Brown
- Joseph Lorenzo Hall (
- "Joseph Lorenzo Hall is the Senior Staff Technologist at at the Center for Democracy & Technology, a Washington, DC-based non-profit organization dedicated to promoting democratic values and constitutional liberties in the digital age. Prior to joining CDT in September of 2012, he was a postdoctoral research fellow with Helen Nissenbaum at New York University, Ed Felten at Princeton University and Deirdre Mulligan at University of California, Berkeley. Hall received his Ph.D. in information systems from the UC Berkeley School of Information in 2008. His Ph.D. thesis used electronic voting as a critical case study in digital government transparency and his postdoctoral work developed techniques to increase the efficiency and usability of accountability mechanisms in electronic elections. In 2012, Hall received the John Gideon Memorial Award from the Election Verification Network for contributions to election verification."
- Jerry Brito (
- "Jerry Brito is a senior research fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, and director of its Technology Policy Program. He also serves as adjunct professor of law at George Mason University. His research focuses on technology and telecommunications policy, government transparency and accountability, and the regulatory process. He lives in Arlington, Virginia, with his wife Kathleen O’Hearn. Brito received his J.D. from George Mason University School of Law and his B.A. in political science from Florida International University. His op-eds have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and elsewhere. He is the author of several published scholarly articles and a contributor to the Technology Liberation Front, a leading tech policy group blog. Brito is the creator of OpenRegs.com, an alternative interface to the federal government's regulatory docketing system, and the co-creator of the accountability web site Stimulus Watch."
Tip of the Week
- Dealing with negative reviews
- Stop calling them users
- Jack Dorsey: Stop Calling Them 'Users' via Business Insider
Resource of the Week
- Infographic: Solving Crime With Social Media
- Solving crime with social media #infographic via Mike Johansson on Pinterest
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|