This Week in Tech
Hosts: Leo Laporte
Topic: Roundtable technology news and reviews discussion
Debut: April 17, 2005
Recorded: Sun 3:00pm Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: 60 to 120 minutes
Set: Round Table
This Week in Tech (also known as TWiT) is the flagship show of the TWiT network. It was the network's first show, and it focuses on technology news, often from the prior week, and reviews. It is an audio podcast presented in a round-table fashion. In addition to host Leo Laporte, who has appeared in nearly every episode, the show features a panel of usually two to five guests, which changes regularly. Some panelists appear more regularly than others. On occasion, the show has also had some famous guests such as Steve Wozniak (35), John Hodgman (167), and LeVar Burton (177, 185).
This WEEK in TECH started in 2005 as a chance recording of a group of former TechTV employees talking about Macworld Expo, which they were all currently attending. Radio show host Leo Laporte put the recording on his website. Laporte was surprised by its demand, leading him to think that there might be something in the format. A few months later, the first episode of the podcast was released, then known as 'Revenge of the Screen Savers' in reference to a former TechTV show. The show was later renamed to 'This WEEK in TECH' after the holder of the rights to the 'Screen Savers' name complained. The show's name is often shortened to TWiT. 
- Leo Laporte
- Fr. Robert Ballecer occasional
- John C. Dvorak occasional
- Sarah Lane occasional
- Tom Merritt occasional
- Patrick Norton occasional
- Molly Wood occasional
- Becky Worley occasional
- John C. Dvorak 228 as panelist, 2 as host
- Patrick Norton 116 as panelist, 4 as host
- Wil Harris 59 as panelist
- Kevin Rose 55 as panelist
- Robert Heron 54 as panelist
- David Prager 48 as panelist
- Tom Merritt 32 as panelist, 9 as host
- Roger Chang 40 as panelist
- Dwight Silverman 38 as panelist
- Brian Brushwood 36 as panelist
Rathole - A point in the show where everybody is so far off topic that John C. Dvorak has to get them back on track.
Donkey of the Week - A weekly award celebrating the most boneheaded decision, news story, or action covered by TWiT. It has only been given out once.
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- TWiT 398 – Not My Toner! – Apple security hole allows password reset, Google Fiber Expands, FBI crowd sources for 23 year old art heist, Jeff Bezos the Apollo Rocket Hunter, and more.
- TWiT 397 – You+S=Us – Galaxy S4 launch, Rubin moves from Android, Google Now for iOS leaked, the future of TV, and more.
- TWiT 396 – A Segway for Your Face – FOMO, idea bath, saving daylight, Marissa's data, browser ballot, and more.
- TWiT 395 – It's Not Blue, It's Bluish – People and processes, augmented life, smart connectors, app leaks, pizza portal, and more.
- TWiT 394 – Math Has Sold Out – Glass, Chromebook, the value of knowledge, Mobile World Congress, Copyright Alert System, and more.
More episodes can be viewed and downloaded here
Below are detailed show notes for released episodes. These are updated as soon as possible as time allows and/or as much community effort is put into them.
- TWiT 370 – Take the Gun, Leave the Nokia
- TWiT 369 – The Purple Rubber Band
- TWiT 368 – The Zombie Slayer
- TWiT 367 – Welcome to Zombocom
- TWiT 366 – Are You Running Butterplus?
Additional show notes for This Week in Tech can be found here.
The theme for This Week in Tech can be downloaded from here.