This Week in YouTube 18
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Guest: Amy Schmittauer
Topic: Jason Calacanis favors revenue split increase on YouTube, SavvySexySocial's Amy Schmittauer gives tips for social media, and more.
Recorded: August 12 2013
This Week in YouTube 18:
Interview with Amy Schmittauer
- Should we have a new monetary split deal with YouTube? Calacanis thinks so. From his Keynote at Vidcon.
- Currently the revenue split is 55/45 in favor of creators.
- Calacanis is proposing a 70/30
- Is YouTube willing to do that big of a split with server and maintenance costs and providing us a free unlimited service (note: They have fixed bandwidth costs so they don't actually lose any money & profit a billion a year)? They have no competition and no incentive to.
- Future platform competitors: Facebook, AOL, Yahoo!, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, who else?
Channel of the Week
- Amy says you need your own website along with an email list. Add an annotation on your video that links back to your site, with a place people can opt in on a email list.
- Ad Time: 12:10
- Ad Time: 26:50
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|