This Week in YouTube 30
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Topic: Forced Google Plus integration in YouTube's commenting system creates user outrage, tips and tricks, and more.
Recorded: November 11 2013
This Week in YouTube 30:
- iJustine's thoughts on YouTube comments
- YouTube's Point of View (blog with video) about the new Comments
- Forbes article about the transition and "chaos"
- Pewdiepie, most subscribed on YT, disables comments to make a point.
- Change.org petitiion to change them back (88K signatures)
- Viewer gives his pros/cons in a chart
- 1. Problems arose when this rolled out on old videos with legacy comments & people couldn't reply. As new videos roll out, this problem is eliminated.
- 2. You can edit your comments
- 3. You can create a thread of comments
- 4. By default your comments go to Google+, but just uncheck the box to keep that from happening.
- 5. The Google+ integration (less than a week) has caused an uptick in views and interactions on Google+ & YT videos. Finally feels like a place for YouTubers vs techies.
- 6. Make a Google+ page, get it over with, and connect it.
- 7. Inbox, shares, etc are now in the bell at the top right along with Google+ notifications
- iJustine says if your going to talk about something, be passionate. Don't feel you have to post something all the time.
- Chad merged his YouTube channel with a Google page. The pro's and con's of merging with a page instead of a personal account are:
- 1. With a page, you get to keep something that is not your actual name.
- 2. You can add moderators to your page.
- 3. You cant post on someone else content unless they have your page circled.
- Ad Time: 8:52
- Ad Time: 33:05
- Edited by:
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|