Hosts: Leo Laporte
Topic: All things Microsoft and Windows
Debut: September 28th, 2006
Recorded: Wed 11:00am Pacific
Released: within 24hrs
Duration: ~90 minutes
Set: Leo's Office
Windows Weekly is a show in which Leo Laporte joins two of the foremost Windows watchers in the world: Paul Thurrott and Mary-Jo Foley. Each week they take a lively look at all things Microsoft, including Windows, Windows Phone, Office, Xbox, enterprise offerings, and more. The show also spends time on the use of non-Microsoft hardware and software, and how it relates to Microsoft products. The show airs live on the TWiT network each Wednesday at 11:00am PT).
Paul Thurrott writes for the SuperSite for Windows and WindowsIT Pro, and devotes much of his coverage to the consumer-side of Microsoft's offerings. Mary-Jo Foley writes at All About Microsoft for ZDNet and devotes much of her coverage to Microsoft's business and enterprise offerings. Both routinely discuss with Leo columns written over the week and how things have or haven't changed since published, clearing up confusion and going into greater depth.
The show premiered on September 28th, 2006.
Tips and software picks
A complete list of all weekly tips and software picks: Windows Weekly Tips and Software Picks.
- Email Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are recent episodes you can download or watch.
- Windows Weekly 286 – I Like it Differently – Microsoft rumors, death of Messenger, Surface RT reviews, Nokia Lumia 920, and more.
- Windows Weekly 285 – My Tongue Hurts – BUILD conference, Windows Phone 8 launch, Connections, and more.
- Windows Weekly 284 – Unbox That Surface – Windows 8 and Surface RT unboxing and first look.
- Windows Weekly 283 – Being ignored is good… or is it? – Surface RT, retail MS stores, Surface commercials, IE10 for Win7, Xbox update, and more.
- Windows Weekly 282 – Bread and Butter in a Blender – Windows 8 pre-GA updates, 400 million devices in 9 months, Nokia exclusives, Mary Jo and Paul world tour, and more
- Windows Weekly 281 – Et tu Elop – Windows phone development, SDK, Windows 8 launch, and more.
More episodes can be viewed and downloaded here
Below are detailed show notes for released episodes. These are updated as soon as possible as time allows and/or as much community effort is put into them.
- Windows Weekly 286 – I Like it Differently
- Windows Weekly 285 – My Tongue Hurts
- Windows Weekly 284 – Unbox That Surface
- Windows Weekly 283 – Being ignored is good… or is it?
- Windows Weekly 282 – Bread and Butter in a Blender
- Windows Weekly 281 – Et tu Elop
Additional show notes for Windows Weekly can be found here.
The theme for Windows Weekly can be downloaded from here.