Windows Weekly 145
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: February 25, 2010
Published: February 26, 2010
- 1 Windows Weekly 145:
- 2 Topics
- 3 Windows 7 Feature of the Week: Aero Snaps Window Management
- 4 Windows 7 Tip of the Week: Complete Windows 7 with Windows Live and Security Essentials
- 5 Software Pick of the Week
- 6 Notable Quotes
- 7 Significant Products
- 8 Sponsors
- 9 Production Information
Windows Weekly 145:
Microsoft's new UI, the blooming browser ballot, a look at Aero Snap!
- Microsoft's Metro UI is the most innovative thing that's happened in the past year
- Microsoft should put it on non-phones devices, elevate the influence of the people responsible for it, and use it to bludgeon companies like Apple that are simply riding on their laurels now.
- This is something we're just not used to. Microsoft is out-innovating Apple.
- Microsoft/Yahoo deal moves forward
- Regulators in US, EU say OK
- After years of anticipation ... Eh
- Browser Ballot screen for Europe finalized
- "Browser choice for dummies" - The "dummies" being EU regulators, of course
- Speaking of which ... The EU is apparently going after Google now (Finally)
- WATU update is live
- Gentlemen, configure Windows Update accordingly if you don't want it
- Microsoft shuts down a Botnet
- Too bad it can't shut down the people dumb enough to let their computers be exploited
- Speaking of which ... Intel was hacked just like Google
Windows 7 Feature of the Week: Aero Snaps Window Management
- This is a fun one (and productive too), and it works great from the keyboard if you prefer that. 
Windows 7 Tip of the Week: Complete Windows 7 with Windows Live and Security Essentials
- Windows 7 ships without a number of key features for various reasons.
- You can fix that with Windows Live Essentials and Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Thanks to Erik Bosman
Software Pick of the Week
- TuneSync - Wireless music sync software for Android devices by Brian Rex
- It requires a small .Net app running on the Windows computer. It will allow you to sync all your playlists including the smart playlists from iTunes. Similar to the Zune, it does the sync over the Wi-Fi connection and does not require you connecting it to the usb on the computer. You can find it on by searching on Android Market for TuneSync or iTunes.
- SDExplorer - Formally SkyDrive Explorer
- Thanks to Phil Worthington
- Link URL and optional brief description
- ad times: 1:04-1:12 and 47:06-53:13
| Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann, Mark Halperin (UNABRIDGED)|
Narrated by Dennis Boutsikaris
- ad times: 0:49-1:03 and 3:18-7:26
- CarbonitePro.com no code, no special URL
- ad times: 0:35-0:47 and 33:07-36:28
- Edited by: Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|