Windows Weekly 150
From The Official TWiT Wiki
Recorded: April 1, 2010
Published: April 2, 2010
Paul's punctures the reality distortion field, talks about the Modern Warfare map fiasco, and announces his newest book..
- Thanks to Peter Franchi (pr. "Frankie")
- He fixed my phone, for free
- On writing "Windows Phone Secrets" and my new blog ... and...
- Windows Phone design themes: Why it's different than the iPhone or Android
- Microsoft has done a good job of communicating exactly what it's doing
- Windows 7 adoption trends
- Early adopters very satisfied
- More users are upgrading existing PCs than ever before. Why?
- Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack disaster
- Why do Infinity Ward and Microsoft hate gamers so much?
- Zune HD 64 coming April 12
- In case you were in the market for an also-ran
- There's no Office like Office
- I've been amazed to read a number of "Office is dead" stories this week
- This opinion is not corroborated by fact
- The truth: Office is a lynchpin of Microsoft's revenue stream and it's not suffering at all from the competition
- The Ribbon is coming to more Microsoft products, including many of the Windows Live apps in Wave 4
- This explains why OWA is such a weak offering
Windows 7 Feature of the Week: Scenic Ribbon
- With Windows 7, Microsoft has formally added the ribbon UI to its primary platform and while it's only in three apps right now, many more are on the way. 
Windows 7 Tip of the Week: Smart copying of files
- Windows behaves in certain ways when copying/moving files to other locations. But you can override the default behavior, and drag and drop a shortcut if you want.
- Drag + CTRL = Copy
- Drag + CTRL + SHIFT = Create shortcut
- Drag with right mouse button = Menu to choose between Copy, Move, Create shortcut
- Thanks to Nick Shoust for the tip
- Plus: A simpler right-click shortcut
Software Pick of the Week
- FixWin - Freeware portable application to repair & fix common Windows annoyances & issues. FixWin detects whether you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed and accordingly offers you the relevant fixes only.
- These guys also make FixIE, FixWMP, and other tools.
- Link URL and optional brief description
- ad times: 1:05-1:12 and 1:08:05-1:11:34
| I Drink for a Reason by David Cross (UNABRIDGED)|
Narrated by David Cross
- ad times: 0:34-0:48 and 38:02-40:43
- ad times: 0:49-1:04 and 15:05-17:29
- Edited by: Tony
|This area is for use by TWiT staff only. Please do not add or edit any content within this section.|